Boasting a sales portfolio of over 100 million routers globally and being the first to do so, Linksys has just released its new RE5700 WLAN range extender with inbuilt power plug.
If you're worried about taking up precious power board space and are living in a large home, this may be just the product for you. Featuring a Wi-Fi signal boost of up to 10,000 square feet and a nice all-white design, this product will set you back $119.99 from online retailers.
The RE6700 uses a Gigabit port for Ethernet input or output, a 3.5mm jack for audio streaming and boasts the capability to work with any router on odder.
The full list of features is as follows:
- Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless AC1200 (N300 + AC 867 Mbps)
- Spot Finder Technology - for optimal placement and performance
- Integrated power outlet - Flexible plug-in placement maintains use of existing wall outlet
- External Antenna for better Wi-Fi coverage and performance
- Auto Cross Band Technology allows for the simultaneous use of both wireless bands for providing high speed data transfer to help with uninterrupted music/video streaming and gaming
- Gigabit Port for connecting a single wired device or plug in a Gigabit switch for connecting multiple wired devices to a wireless network
- 3.5mm audio jack allows users to connect speakers to the range extender to stream music wirelessly from your iOS or Android smartphone, tablet, or laptop
- Works with any router or gateway including routers supplied by service provider
- > NEXT STORY: Sony says Bloodborne surprised its already high expectations
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Some of the mods for Grand Theft Auto V contain nasty malware