SteelSeries has just unveiled its latest H Wireless Headset, which is a new multi-platform wireless headset. The H Wireless Headset provides "robust sound, lag-free wireless and versatile functionality bring superior audio to a wide range of platforms, including PC, Mac, mobile devices, consoles, home entertainment, streaming devices and more." The new SteelSeries wireless headset boats some impressive Dolby technologies, including:
- Dolby Digital reproduces multichannel audio for a cinematic audio experience
- Dolby Headphone recreates the sensation of up to 7.1-channel multi-speaker surround sound in headphones
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx optimizes the surround sound experience for the most realistic multi-directional sound
What about gaming? Well, SteelSeries has your back with two innovative gaming features. The first, is ChatMix, which lets the user tune the right balance between game and chat audio, which comes in handy, as you can increase another gamers voice, but keep your game volume tuned to your specific liking.
The second gaming feature is LiveMix, which automates that process. LiveMix will reduce game audio on-the-fly to the users' choice, but get this - only when chat audio is detected. This is a great feature, thanks to its automation.
The H Wireless Headset is compatible iwth most devices, including the PC, Mac, PlayStation and Xbox, and comes in an all-black design with glossy and matte black finishes. It ships with an incredible battery life, featuring two 20-hour lithium-ion batteries, which allows gamers to charge up one battery while the other is being used.
All of this is built into a lightweight design, with SteelSeries sparing no expense providing memory foam ear cushions, and extra padding on the headband. There's also a retractable microphone that features an LED indicator that turns on when it is muted. SteelSeries haven't stopped there, as it has also provided a Sound Share port, which lets another user connect their headset up and listen in.
SteelSeries will begin shipping the H Wireless Headset later this month with an MSRP of $299.99.
- > NEXT STORY: There's one PS4 title that supports mouse and keyboard gameplay
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Sony to 'monitor and record' you through PSN voice/text chat on PS4