Google has added some "highly-requested" features to Hangouts on Air. Google warns that Hangouts could take a bit longer to start as a result of these changes. "As part of these enhancements, it may take longer to set up your Hangout On Air. For example: the 'Start broadcasting' button may be grayed out for a bit, before it turns red. Nothing to worry about, this is just us getting everything in place before you go live."
The updated features include the ability to rewind live broadcasts, access recordings of the broadcast directly after it ends, and start live broadcasts without having to refresh the page. Google details exactly what these improvements entail:
- Rewind live broadcasts. Regardless when you start watching, you can always go back to the beginning.
- Access recordings immediately after your broadcast. Once you're no longer On Air, your recording will be waiting for you on YouTube.
- Watch higher quality Hangouts On Air on the go. If you're tuning in from your mobile device, you'll notice better-looking video.
- Start live broadcasts without having to refresh. When you visit a page with a Hangout On Air (like Events or YouTube), the video will begin playing as soon as the show starts -- no refresh required.
- >> NEXT STORY: RumorTT: Google to open retail stores specifically for Google Glass
- << PREVIOUS STORY: LeakedTT: Are these pictures of the Huawei P6-U06?