It looks like @evleaks was spot on once again. At the Facebook Home event, Mark Zuckerberg announced that Facebook has teamed up with AT&T and HTC to design a smartphone that was based around Facebook Home. HTC's Peter Chou stepped up on the stage and proudly presented the HTC First.
The HTC First is a very sleek and very minimalist looking Android phone that was solely designed with Facebook Home in mind and will come in four colors. "It's the only phone that has Home pre-loaded and optimized. That means you're going to have a unique experience", said Chou.
AT&T's Ralph de la Vega then took the stage to talk about AT&T's role in the Facebook Home experience. "This is going to be the best Facebook mobile experience ever, and it's going to be people-centered. We bought into that," he said. "What I like about the First is that it's an LTE device, as you would expect. This phone has the most immersive experience I've ever seen."
The HTC First will be exclusively available through AT&T and will retail for $99.99 on April 12th. No information was given on what hardware it runs or what version of Android it features. We are sure that information will be released shortly, though. AT&T is offering the HTC First through pre-order starting today.
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- HTC launching 3 new VR headsets, just in time for Half-Life: Alyx
- Here's how to enable dark mode on Facebook desktop
- Coronavirus is on your phone, here's how you can clean it properly
- You cannot use Messenger without signing up for a Facebook account
- GIVEAWAY: Seagate IronWolf 16TB HDD and IronWolf 110 480GB SSD
- > NEXT STORY: Facebook releases "Home" trailer video on YouTube, provides good hands-on look
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Facebook Home coming April 12th for download on HTC One, One X and Samsung GSIII, S4 and Note II