Aerocool is targetting gamers with its latest run of "Strike-X" series power supplies which are certainly easy to spot with that big red 'X' fan grill over the top of the 13.9cm PWM fan and red+black theme going on.
There are four new models in total, all of which are 80Plus certified and sport a modular design, as well as complying with the ATX 12V 2.3 and EPS 12V 2.92 standards. They are equipped with active PFC (Power Factor Correction) and carry an MTBF of over 120,000 hours. All four models are set up with a single 12V rail as well as having over current, over voltage, over wattage, over temperature and short-circuit protection.
Here is a breakdown of the four models on offer, including their respective (Euro) pricing :-
- 500W (80Plus Bronze rating, up to 85% efficiency) / ~ 44
- 600W (80Plus Bronze rating, up to 85% efficiency) / ~ 52
- 800W (80Plus Silver rating, up to 88% efficiency) / 120
- 1100W (80Plus Gold rating, up to 90% efficiency) / 150>/i>
Aerocool has indicated that the new Strike-X line of PSUs will become available at some stage in November.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 11:23 am CDT
- > NEXT STORY: Microsoft Windows 8 Start Menu search function blogged
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Motorola Droid RAZR, the worlds thinnest smartphone, also splashproof