Test Setup and Overclocking
The card is basically full length, and doesn't look like a mainstream gaming GPU; instead, it looks like the high-end performance tuned cards, which is the appearance many people prefer. I had no spacing issues.
MSI is the company behind Afterburner, the preferred GPU OC software for many around the world, including myself. It is constantly updated, and has features needed for overclocking. It also has many skins, including this nice MSI Gaming skin.
I was able to increase my 3DMark11 score by over 700 points, which is a nice overall increase in performance. Overclocking the core on this card is very simple; the memory seemed resistant to going higher than 1435MHz, and artifacts appeared with anything above. If I went higher than 1385Mhz on the core, then the driver crashed every time. However, these are still big increases over the stock clocks of 1137MHz core and 1250Mhz memory. The memory is clocked 100MHz lower on the GTX 750 than on the GTX 750 TI, but with overclocking, we can easily increase its speed.
I have the card at stock and with a mild OC in the images above. I would first recommend finding a nice core clock, and then working on memory with this card.
Here you can see the 3DMark11 scores at different GPU speeds.
This chart displays the other variables involved in the overclocks, including the maximum GPU core voltage (VDDC), idle and load total system power draw, and GPU core temperature. I did not overclock the rest of the platform for these tests, as the platform wasn't bottlenecking the system. I measured maximum power draw during GPU test two.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Pixel 2 teased in 'Kinda Blue', starts at $649
- Google Pixelbook: Surface competitor starts at $1199
- Biostar's upcoming RACING Z370 GT7 motherboard teased
- Core i9-7980XE benched: super-fast, but costs $1999
- Custom Radeon RX Vega cards not coming until November
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower