Vietcong 2 is a FPS set against the background of the 1968 Tet Offensive, in and around the ancient city of Hue (pronounced Who-ay), during the Vietnam War. Brought to life through a gritty story compiled from first hand accounts and memories of Special Forces and Infantry servicemen stationed in Hue during the assault.Based on these historical accounts, the player will take the role of a US Captain tasked with escorting a US war reporter covering the traditional New Year (Tet) festivities, in Hue, during a ceasefire. Follow the progress of the infamous Tet Offensive from joyous New Year celebrations in the US compound, through bloody conflict across 14 distinct locations, to the final push to reclaim the Imperial Palace and the city of Hue.Also included is a Vietcong campaign, in which the player can take the role of a young Vietcong conscript, fighting the South Vietnamese Army in the rice fields and jungle around his village, eventually becoming a Sergeant in the Hue Uprising and storming the Imperial Palace.Key FeaturesBattles based on real events taking place in the ancient city of HueDrivable vehicles in multiplayer modeGritty, street-by-street, urban combat Each mission flows seamlessly into the next, without passing through a menu systemNew and updated character classes for MPA single player campaign for each side, US and VietcongRealistic team battles in the multiplayer mode with up to 64 playersCo-op Missions for up to 8 players against AI50+ authentic weaponsImmersive and atmospheric gameplay
Published by 2K GamesDeveloped by PterodonPlatform: PCESRB: Rating PendingRelease date: Q4 2005
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bungie is satisfied with Destiny 2 even if Activision isn't
- Microsoft vows to fix Windows Store for better PC gaming
- GIVEAWAY: Two awesome Antec chassis prize packs up for grabs
- Everything you need for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Ronald McDonald 'will not' be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Solid state drives...any thoughts?
- Name this song. help?
- Supermicro C9Z390-PGW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Joystuck Combines UK Indie Rock and Game Music Favorites
- Close to the Sun selected for the Unreal Engine Dev Grants
- RemoteLock Announces the Appointment of New Board Member Dr. Tam Hulusi
- Bird Launches Community Mode
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2: Physical Version Now Available for Switch