Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: Ensemble Studios
Format: PC CD-ROM
ESRB Rating: Pending
Availability: Second half of 2005
Product Overview - In this highly anticipated next installment in the "Age of Empires" franchise from Ensemble Studios, "Age of Empires III" places players in the time period of roughly 1500-1850, picking up where "Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings" left off. As players work to establish their empire, they will take on the role of a European power struggling to explore, colonize and conquer North and South America.
"Age of Empires III" introduces exciting new gameplay elements, including the all-new Home City and an incredible combat system. Players will find new civilizations to discover, random maps to conquer and a single-player campaign unlike any other. Players also will find stunning graphics as a result of a revolutionary graphics engine that pushes the limits of PC graphics technology in an entirely new way.
Features:Engage in epic strategic battles. As players control the action, they can experience a new level of exciting combat with realistic physics effects, and have the option of engaging in battle with blades, gunpowder or both. Victory depends on the player's strategic battle plan. Develop and strengthen a unique, customized Home City. The Home City represents a player's capital back in Europe and plays a supporting role in the attempt to control the New World. The better the player performs in the New World, the more powerful his Home City becomes. Players can customize their Home City to reflect unique personality traits, making the Home City a vital character in the game. Explore a vibrant New World. Players can take advantage of elements of the colonial time period, including the ability to ally with Native Americans. They also can explore and find new resources in the Amazon rain forest, recover buried treasure from Caribbean islands, hunt bison on the Great Plains, compete to establish trade routes, and fortify the coast of New England. Experience stunning graphics. Players will witness new lighting effects and shadows while immersed in a world that feels bright and sunny, yet which has a softness and depth that is revolutionary to PC games. Thanks to the new physics engine, players will never see the same scene twice. Discover culturally diverse civilizations. Gamers can play as the British and have a stellar economy, or play as the French and easily ally with Native Americans. They can choose to play as the Spanish and have more support from their home country in Europe. Players have the option of playing as one of eight civilizations and, whichever one is chosen, players are guaranteed a unique and fulfilling experience.
Developer Information: Ensemble Studios is one of the world's premier entertainment software developers. Ensemble Studios is best known for its blockbuster "Age of Empires" game series, which has sold more than 11 million licensed copies worldwide, as well as its latest hit in the franchise, "Age of Mythology." The franchise has received worldwide recognition for excellence, including multiple Game of the Year awards. Ensemble's titles are distinguished by the highest-quality art and gameplay dynamics applied in familiar historical settings, and appeal to hard-core gamers and mass audiences. Ensemble Studios is based in Dallas, Texas.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases