Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: Ensemble Studios
Format: PC CD-ROM
ESRB Rating: Pending
Availability: Second half of 2005
Product Overview - In this highly anticipated next installment in the "Age of Empires" franchise from Ensemble Studios, "Age of Empires III" places players in the time period of roughly 1500-1850, picking up where "Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings" left off. As players work to establish their empire, they will take on the role of a European power struggling to explore, colonize and conquer North and South America.
"Age of Empires III" introduces exciting new gameplay elements, including the all-new Home City and an incredible combat system. Players will find new civilizations to discover, random maps to conquer and a single-player campaign unlike any other. Players also will find stunning graphics as a result of a revolutionary graphics engine that pushes the limits of PC graphics technology in an entirely new way.
Features:Engage in epic strategic battles. As players control the action, they can experience a new level of exciting combat with realistic physics effects, and have the option of engaging in battle with blades, gunpowder or both. Victory depends on the player's strategic battle plan. Develop and strengthen a unique, customized Home City. The Home City represents a player's capital back in Europe and plays a supporting role in the attempt to control the New World. The better the player performs in the New World, the more powerful his Home City becomes. Players can customize their Home City to reflect unique personality traits, making the Home City a vital character in the game. Explore a vibrant New World. Players can take advantage of elements of the colonial time period, including the ability to ally with Native Americans. They also can explore and find new resources in the Amazon rain forest, recover buried treasure from Caribbean islands, hunt bison on the Great Plains, compete to establish trade routes, and fortify the coast of New England. Experience stunning graphics. Players will witness new lighting effects and shadows while immersed in a world that feels bright and sunny, yet which has a softness and depth that is revolutionary to PC games. Thanks to the new physics engine, players will never see the same scene twice. Discover culturally diverse civilizations. Gamers can play as the British and have a stellar economy, or play as the French and easily ally with Native Americans. They can choose to play as the Spanish and have more support from their home country in Europe. Players have the option of playing as one of eight civilizations and, whichever one is chosen, players are guaranteed a unique and fulfilling experience.
Developer Information: Ensemble Studios is one of the world's premier entertainment software developers. Ensemble Studios is best known for its blockbuster "Age of Empires" game series, which has sold more than 11 million licensed copies worldwide, as well as its latest hit in the franchise, "Age of Mythology." The franchise has received worldwide recognition for excellence, including multiple Game of the Year awards. Ensemble's titles are distinguished by the highest-quality art and gameplay dynamics applied in familiar historical settings, and appeal to hard-core gamers and mass audiences. Ensemble Studios is based in Dallas, Texas.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Atari 2600 handheld retro-izes holiday season
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam