This time around we are looking at a double whammy of a review. Rather than putting out a couple of reviews (one of the chipset and one of the product we are testing), today we are doing a 2-in-1 review of both the new Core 2 Duo supporting Intel P965 Express chipset and the first retail P965 motherboard we have in our labs, the Gigabyte 6-Quad which we first saw at Computex earlier this year.
Intel and its Core architecture has now got the hardware community a stir, just like AMD had when the Hammer CPU was released to the market at Computex 2003. Core Architecture is finally a unified architecture for Desktop, Server/Workstation and the mobile sector all in one unique design, only the extra feature discern what sector the CPU goes to.
Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Extreme are the desktop versions of the Core architecture and to go with them are either the older 975X chipset or the newest member to the Intel family, the P965 Express chipset. Shortly you'll have some other new options including nVidia's nForce 590 SLI Intel Edition as well as several boards based on ATI's RD600 chipset.
Today we test out what the Intel P965 has compared to the Intel 975X chipset as well as the features of the high-end Gigabyte 6-Quad P965-DQ6 motherboard. The feature list from Gigabyte's latest motherboard is very extensive, so prepare yourself.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Intel P965 vs. 975X]
- Page 3 [Specifications of Gigabyte 965P-DQ6]
- Page 4 [The Package]
- Page 5 [The Motherboard]
- Page 6 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 7 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Test Systems and Sandra]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Media Encoding]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - ScienceMark 2.0]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - HD Speed]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]