AMD's 1900X Performance Results
Here we can see the difference between the 1800X and the 1900X. The 1900X has double the memory channels, 25% more USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 built in, and 166% more PCI-E lanes (24 vs. 64). If you are wondering how AMD is coming up with these percentages, the "more" statement is what you need to understand. So, for PCI-E, it's 24 + (24*1.66) = 63.84, which is comparing the raw number of PCI-E lanes from the CPUs.
Threadripper embraces a significantly more loaded CPU and platform, and can easily be worth the premium for many. AMD did confirm that the AM4 platform will not be getting bootable NVMe RAID, and we will discuss the significance of this on the next page.
In legacy game mode, we see how the 1900X performs in games compared to the 1800X. The Legacy Game Mode basically puts memory into local mode, to try and level the playing field. We can see that the 1800X wins in many games, but in some games, the results are very close, such as in Deus Ex and Rise of the Tomb Raiser (where TR actually wins). I would say gaming performance between the two CPUs, in regards to noticeable FPS differences, might not be visible to the naked eye.
Back in normal operational mode (productivity mode), the 1900X is significantly better than the 1800X. The quad channel memory is mostly what we have to thank here (and some clock boost), and it gives us 10% more over the 1800X in POVRay, 10% more in Blender, 4% more in HandBrake, and 9% more in Veracrypt. Those are quite substantial gains, especially when the 1800X and 1900X operate with the same core count, thread count, and cache levels.
Back in Legacy Game Mode, we get to see the 1900X battle against the 1950X and the 1920X. The 1900X is actually faster than other Threadripper CPUs in Rise of the Tomb Raider and pretty much equal in Deus Ex, but it doesn't win in Hitman or GTA:V. Once again, we might be able to conclude it does decently in games, and it all depends on which game you are playing. Across the board, the FPS numbers for any of these four tests are high enough to play each game smoothly at 1080P with any of the three CPUs.
Here we see how the 1900X does in workloads, and it performs as we might expect. The extra 50% cores of the 1920X and 100% more cores of the 1950X offer them roughly 30% and 60% better productivity performance over the 1900X. However, those numbers might not be that drastic if you realize these are idealized scenarios, and the 1900X is probably good enough for many users.
However, value wise, would you spend almost double the price for 60-70% more productivity performance and roughly the same gaming performance? The answer to that question will decide if you go for the 1900X or the 1950X. For some, it's an easy yes, as performance rarely scales linearly, and for some, it's a no as 8 cores are more than enough.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Roar for 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Blu-ray giveaway
- MyDigtialSSD ships BPX Pro and lowers prices
- PlayStation Classic: Sony can't prevent hacking with patches
- Devil May Cry 5 has optional microtransactions
- Don't walk - run for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- Crucial BX500 SSD Review - Fewer Components, Lower Prices
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games