Benchmarks - 1440p
My primary focus of this GPU and storage upgrade battle is for the fight at 1080p, but I've included some results at 1440p.
Even at 2560x1440, the older GTX 760 handles Overwatch at 81FPS average with the HDD, while jumping to 86FPS with the SSD. But the upgrade to the GTX 1060 is huge for Overwatch, hitting 91FPS average on the HDD, and 108FPS on the SSD.
Adjusting some in-game visual settings would let GTX 1060 + SSD owners hit 120-144FPS average, perfect for 1440p 120/144Hz displays. This is just a tease of what's to come, as the results get better - we'll discuss that on the next page.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is the latest game in the Deus Ex franchise, ready for DX12 with Eidos Montreal and Nixxes using the latest Dawn Engine. Mankind Divided is one of the better-looking games of 2016, that's for sure.
By now, who hasn't heard of the Grand Theft Auto franchise? GTA V is a popular game, powered by the Rockstar Advanced Game Engine (RAGE) made in-house by Rockstar.
You can buy Grand Theft Auto V at Amazon.
Blizzard created one of the best team-based first-person shooters with Overwatch, which looks great and runs ridiculously smooth, even on lower-end hardware.
You can buy Overwatch at Amazon.
Battlefield 1 is the latest and greatest first-person shooter from EA DICE, powered by the incredibly beautiful and high-end Frostbite engine. It has DX11 and DX12 support, so we test both - it's one of the games we run in real-time 64-player multiplayer matches.
You can buy Battlefield 1 at Amazon.
PRICING: You can find the MSI GeForce GTX 1060 3G for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI GeForce GTX 1060 3G retails for $199 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI GeForce GTX 1060 3G retails for £199 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit