Marketing is a powerful tool
How often do you see magazine advertisements, forum banners and YouTube ads from peripheral companies claiming that their new 8,600 DPI mouse will help you 'pwn the noobs' and increase your gaming 10-fold with pinpoint precision? How often are you told that the fancy LED's and 900 programmable macros are going to help you win that local LAN tournament that you're attending with your mates?
There's a ton of marketing out there that is simply just hype, so I decided to write this article in order to go over a few gaming accessories and features that I feel are commonly overlooked by gamers. I'm in no way saying that a mouse with lots of macros and DPI is a bad thing, but I'm saying that you don't necessarily have to use it. Your car can travel up to 160 mph, does that mean you drive 160 mph all the time? Probably not, or at least you shouldn't.
Over my years working in the peripheral industry as part of a marketing team, I have seen my fair share of advertising campaigns and tried out a wide variety of products myself as a competitive gamer. I'm hoping that through this article and added knowledge of one certain professional gamer, I can help you become a better player - or at least a little more informed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 being developed with esports in mind
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam