The future, should we choose to accept such a notion
Trends have shifted away from land based (anchored) technology in recent times, only accelerating this year into the waters of the personal and the portable.
At the moment the people want portable things for their active lives; there's no doubting that fact. Currently the industry is responding with specific product design and release.
But what does all this mean for the average Ron Snow right now? - Are we headed for a sci-fi future the likes of which no one bargained? - Where our daily lives are spent at the mercy of an armory of nano devices tethered to our midriffs? - I for one hope not, as much as I'm simply not ready nor prepared for such a thing.
For the mean time, though, I think we can safely say that we are going to be in an accessory slump of sorts with lots of companies shifting their priorities towards catering for an ever-increasing portable device market.
Right now my recommendation for a hardware-based soundcard would still lie with the Xonar line from ASUS.
When it comes to desktop speakers, things have gone eerily quiet, but I still give the nod to Logitech for the time being.
If you're looking for a good noiseless solution right now, I would point towards Arctic Cooling for their high-performance budget ear buds.
Towards the end of the year I will feature a final roundup for 2010, which will appear in TweakTown's summer buyers guide over the Christmas period, so stay tuned for that one.
Happy listening everyone.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 4 [The other Halo hanging over us]
- Page 5 [The future, should we choose to accept such a notion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- That new Battletoads game looks pretty bad
- AAA Xbox games coming to PS4, Switch makes no sense
- PS4 exclusives may come to the Epic Games Store, Sony open to PC ports
- Halo 6 microtransactions should be cosmetic-only weapon & armor skins
- No Man's Sky physical re-release includes Beyond expansion and all DLC
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- Pengo USB-C Dock Review
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- FSP Unveils FlexGURU 250W and 300W Modular Power Supplies New PSUs are perfect for IPC, NAS, HTPC and edge computing
- Gameforge Opens Pre-Orders and Announces November Release for the Highly Anticipated Kingdom Under Fire 2
- Philips Brings Precision Computer Peripherals to US
- KORN Battle Concert is Now Live in AdventureQuest 3D!
- NEC: Industrial Internet Consortium Approves Testbed of Negotiation Automation Platform for coordinating interests among AI systems