The future, should we choose to accept such a notion
Trends have shifted away from land based (anchored) technology in recent times, only accelerating this year into the waters of the personal and the portable.
At the moment the people want portable things for their active lives; there's no doubting that fact. Currently the industry is responding with specific product design and release.
But what does all this mean for the average Ron Snow right now? - Are we headed for a sci-fi future the likes of which no one bargained? - Where our daily lives are spent at the mercy of an armory of nano devices tethered to our midriffs? - I for one hope not, as much as I'm simply not ready nor prepared for such a thing.
For the mean time, though, I think we can safely say that we are going to be in an accessory slump of sorts with lots of companies shifting their priorities towards catering for an ever-increasing portable device market.
Right now my recommendation for a hardware-based soundcard would still lie with the Xonar line from ASUS.
When it comes to desktop speakers, things have gone eerily quiet, but I still give the nod to Logitech for the time being.
If you're looking for a good noiseless solution right now, I would point towards Arctic Cooling for their high-performance budget ear buds.
Towards the end of the year I will feature a final roundup for 2010, which will appear in TweakTown's summer buyers guide over the Christmas period, so stay tuned for that one.
Happy listening everyone.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 4 [The other Halo hanging over us]
- Page 5 [The future, should we choose to accept such a notion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- H1Z1 is locked at 60FPS on the PS4 Pro
- Ohio university gives scholarships to best Fortnite players
- EKWB launch EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 waterblock, now with RGB
- Battlefield 1's monthly updates end in June
- SEGA and Capcom Humble Bundle discounts great games
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit