We do these OC articles separately to the stand alone reviews for a few reasons; the first is that the amount of time it takes for us to complete the overclocking and all the tests we do on a review is so long that if we waited for that to be completed, reviews would take even longer to get to you. The other reason is because we choose to do all our tests in both.
Unlike some sites that will do a bit of an overclock, give Vantage another run and then rate its OC potential, we prefer to give you an idea of how overclocking affects many games and applications. While a longer, more tedious and more expensive process, what it ultimately does is offer the most information possible to the readers of TweakTown.
I mentioned the other week that we're doing a lot of these lately. That's due to the release of so many new models and then with upgraded coolers on those models. I'm sure it's going to die down a little as time goes on and NVIDIA release lower end models which we won't overclock, but for now we've got the GTX 465 which we've just looked at in our first full review.
This is the perfect candidate for overclocking. Its mid range price and target market means that the people who buy this model will really enjoy getting some free performance. This is especially true in a situation where you can make it perform closer to higher models like the GTX 470. How close can we get, though? - Well, let's not delay any longer and find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Galaxy GTX 465 GC Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ex-BioWare boss wants to revitalize RPGs
- GTA 6 microtransactions likely, should follow GTA Online
- PUBG Corp made $920 million in 2018, 85% of cash from PC
- Take-Two CEO gets bonuses based on microtransaction earnings
- YouTuber makes working PC out of lasagna
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!