Too hot, too loud, draws too much power, costs too much money and isn't fast enough. They are the main things we hear about the GTX 400 series. To be honest, though, the whole series is a bit like the iPad for me as I think about it. There are so many reasons not to buy the iPad, as is the case with the GTX 400 series. Why are people lining up for days for an iPad and willing to pay any price for GTX 400 series cards? I wish they were questions I could answer. I suppose as geeks, there are some things that we just don't use our brain for.
Like the iPad, though, the GTX 400 series is good at a lot of things and the bottom line is that the GTX 480 is the fastest single GPU card on the market, which is no easy task. What happens if you like PhysX and CUDA or just NVIDIA in general, yet the GTX 475 and GTX 485 are out of your price range? I don't mean out of your price range in the sense they're over priced, but more so in the sense they're just more money than you wish to spend.
Well, the answer to that is the GTX 465. But wait a cotton picking minute, (I can't believe I just typed that). First, we have to find out if it's even worth spending your hard earned dollars on. Before we do that, though, let's check out the package Galaxy has thrown together before we take a closer look at the card itself.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 21 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 22 [Final Thoughts]