As explained earlier one of the benchmarks missing in this lineup has to be MobileMark. Since we did not have the benchmark present at the time we tried to measure the battery life manually, which is probably the most accurate anyway but not entirely consistent. This is not an exact science but we were able to record the time you can use the notebook under certain conditions. The recorded times are rounded to the nearest hour. Battery life was tested with the notebook in regular power saving mode and not in performance mode which means the CPU and so forth are not running at full speed and the screen is not at its brightest setting.
Using simple programs such as Microsoft Office, some games, photo editing software and other various small programs we mimicked day to day work on the notebook and measured the lifespan of the internal battery. In this case the battery life span came down to roughly four hours with day to day usage.
If you use the notebook for heavy duty gaming or rendering of any kind the battery life is shortened to about three hours max and that is being generous.
When casually reading documents or eBooks, the life span of the battery increases to about five hours. For a business user just reading e-mail, the battery life is quite good and while it's not the best out there, it is one of the better notebook models.
Luckily battery charging is quicker and easier then draining it. Dell has incorporated the ExpressCharge technique by which a 6-cell battery loads to 80% charge in one hour and 100% charge in 2 hours. This D820 houses a 9-cell battery so it takes a little longer then an hour to reach the same levels, but it is still impressive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Features]
- Page 4 [More Features]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Windows Vista (WEI)]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 10 [Battery Life]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Jagex showcase Old School RuneScape in-game statistics
- 'The Witcher 3' developers possibly working on Switch title
- PlayStation CEO says Sony has an eye on multiplayer/co-op
- Netflix pull future 'The Punisher' & 'Jessica Jones' seasons
- Nintendo to 'revive' a 'very officially cancelled' game
- BIOSTAR B450GT3 (AMD B450) Motherboard Review
- best enhance your flexibility
- cpu internal ac/dc load line settings and undervolding?
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Explore a World of Ancient Chinese Mythology!
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's Post EVO Japan Fighting Game News Round-up
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Coming To Steam This Summer
- Rising Lords announces alpha launch via new trailer
- Zombie-Veggie Shooter, The Walking Vegetables Radical! Edition Coming Soon to PS4!