The setup procedure was pretty straight forward. I signed in with my Google account, and went from there. Instead of talking about it, we'll let the pictures say a thousand words. These are all of the steps required to setup your Fitbit Flex wristband:
There's a bunch of steps you go through, but it informs of you of what it is doing, and you can do some configuration along the way. Your Flex is usually charging during this time, so you can just flow through the installation easily.
When you're setting up the Flex, you'll plug the wireless sync dongle into your PC, or Mac. Once this is in, there's no reason to remove it unless you're physically moving it to another machine or laptop. I have mine plugged into my Intel NUC desktop PC, which is the machine that I work on for most of the day.
So, every time I sit back down in my chair, my Flex syncs to the dongle and to my Fitbit account. This is incredibly freeing, as I don't need to do anything to sync my Flex -great!
You can manually sync the Flex (if you want up-to-date numbers) by simply refreshing the Flex Dashboard on your browser -just in case you want some serious minute-by-minute tracking.
Social Fitness with Fitbit
You can add friends within the Dashboard of Fitbit (both on the desktop, and mobile app), which lets the competitive nature of us all come out.
If you're someone who is competitive, the social nature of using a Fitbit fitness tracker will definitely come into play. You can cheer each other on, or push each other to catch up. The social aspects of Fitbit are endless thanks to the mobile app, and the amazing Dashboard.
Because you're wearing a device that doesn't have a full-blown mobile OS, or a proper touchscreen, the things you can do directly with your Flex are limited. This is why the company has provided a well thought out mobile app.
Once you have it installed, you can really go crazy with it.
Within the Fitbit app, you have access to your Dashboard. It will display your Flex tracker status from top to bottom, whether it is connected or not. The flex displays: the amount of steps taken, distance walked, calories burned, 'very active' minutes (which is when you're running, or jogging), your weight, sleep, food plan, and the amount of water you've had over the day.
Within the Settings portion of the Fitbit mobile app, you can adjust your time zone (or have it adjust itself automatically), select the country (again, or let it automatically do this), which country's food database you want to be connected to, the units used, and whether you want to have push notifications sent to your device.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- J.J. Abrams teases imminent Portal movie announcement
- Titanfall 2's story trailer is an amazing piece of work
- Forza Horizon 3 shows that Microsoft hates PC gaming
- Microsoft is reportedly working on an all-in-one Surface
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now