I'm really quite impressed with ASUS G750 ROG laptop. The stylish case is inspired by aircraft design and features a dual-fan design to keep system temperatures down and expand system longevity.
As most of my readers will know, I'm not a fan of huge desktop replacement laptops, but they do have an eccentric market. The G750 is quite heavy and large, but packs a serious hardware punch that just wouldn't be possible in a smaller form-factor.
I'm pretty happy with the keyboard that ASUS has equipped the G750 with, but there is a fair amount of flex present away from the WSAD keys. The multi-brightness keyboard backlight adds a premium feel to a system that comes with a premium price tag.
Battery life is also impressive, especially considering the hardware. The system really benefits from Intel's new Haswell architecture. In our PowerMark benchmark, the G750 beats out nearly every other system in our chart, an impressive feat for a gaming machine to achieve.
Build quality on the G750 feels solid, save for the keyboard flex. The system's temperatures are within reasonable limits and the system does a good job of keeping heat away from the important WSAD keys.
A notebook is always better than desktop for taking to LAN parties as they are infinitely more portable, but if you're looking for something to haul around daily, it might not be the best choice.
Putting Windows 8 onto a system without a touchscreen is also not the best idea and I would much prefer Windows 7 to be installed on the system. Either that, or ASUS should equip the G750 with a touchscreen.
One other thing that I really like about the G750 is that the system features that rubberized paint that is used on cell phones. It also adds a nice premium feel to the system. For a mere $1,900, you could pick up the G750 today and it would be an excellent choice.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Configurations and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Temperatures, Cooling and Noise]
- Page 3 [Keyboard, TouchPad, Screen and other User Interfaces]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [Accessory Port Layout and Performance]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance]
- Page 7 [System Performance]
- Page 8 [Battery Life Performance]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Call of Duty rumored to see a third-person Modern Warfare release
- Nokia unveils its new OZO virtual reality camera, priced at $60,000
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY