Today we venture into the world of the new extremely high-end AMD X570 motherboards, most of which cost as much if not more than their X299 counterparts, which says a lot in itself. With the X370 and X470 chipsets, costs were a bit lower since there was no PCI-E 4.0, but now with the new technology, boards cost more if they implement the new technology.
However, AMD's high-end CPUs with comparable performance to their Intel counterparts as well as this increased base cost made many motherboard vendors re-evaluate their whole "only Intel extremely high-end motherboard" practices, and they have launched some very top notch motherboards. The Xtreme is one from GIGABYTE taking aim at the extreme high-end of the market, so let's see what it has to offer.
The X570 Aorus Xtreme features three PCI-E 4.0 M.2 slots, a 10G NIC, a 2.4Gbps WIFI controller, an Intel Gbit NIC, tons of 10Gb/s USB, and high-end audio.
The X570 Aorus Xtreme costs around $699
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X570 Aorus Xtreme Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]