Corsair M65 RGB Elite Tunable FPS Gaming Mouse
While slots are still present at the front, at the back of the mouse, they have been removed and replaced with a large hole in the anodized aluminum. The pair of buttons have increased in size, and the sniper button is placed forward to where the thumb rests on the winged side section.
The left side wing is further out this time, but the central section of rubberized plastic is very similar to earlier models, aside from the fact that the logo rides a bit lower. We see, at the bottom, a section of black plastic, which is surrounded by more of the aluminum as the frame ends under the heel.
The right side section of plastic it textured and not coated. That combined with the shallow convex design can make it hard to pick up the mouse with sweaty hands. That being said, you have a lot of DPI to play with to keep from needing to lift it as well.
The exposed aluminum at the bottom is styled like the earlier models, even so much as to keep the cable off center. Above the frame, we find that the main buttons are sloped for ergonomics, and while the buttons are slightly convex near the end, it has a flat feel to it.
In a wide gap between the two main buttons, we have a backlit scroll wheel with a unique rubber grip added to it and has much resistance to moving one click to the next on the switch. The pair of buttons behind it are set to adjust the DPI up and down.
Under the M65 RGB Elite, we can see a wide flat base of aluminum supporting the mouse. So it will glide well on near any surface, Corsair opted for five PTFE feet nearest the outside edges of the mouse. The eye of the sensor is centrally placed, and surrounding it are the three screws which cover the weights.
Using a screwdriver or a coin, you can remove the screws, which exposes the weights. Each of the black metal weights showed as 4.1 grams on our scale, and Corsair mentioned on the box that with these in play, the weight overall jumps from 97 grams to 115 grams.
As for the typical length cable, the rubber covered wires have a braided cloth sleeve over it, and we also see a strap to help bind the wire if the need to travel arises. At the end of the cable is a newly styled cover for the USB 2.0 connection with the Corsair logo on the top side, and a symbol for USB connectivity on the underside.
Once connected, the M65 RGB Elite comes to life as the LEDs light up. At the front, the illumination of the scroll wheel is much better than what was seen in the Ironclaw, and there is an LED between the DPI buttons to designate DPI level by color. The heel of the mouse not only offers the Corsair logo but if you look closely behind the mouse, you can see a glow of blue light, which comes from the bottom edge of the mouse.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Corsair M65 RGB Elite Tunable FPS Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ocarina of Time Online brings co-op to Hyrule
- Nintendo could be considering making their own gaming phone
- New Minecraft update adds crossbows, shields, cats and more
- Call of Duty Mobile is Modern Warfare & Black Ops combined
- Castle Crashers smashes its way onto PS4 and Nintendo Switch
- Asus RT-N16 - Can´t get wifi to work
- ASUS RT-AX88U Wi-Fi 6 Router Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today