Opening the unit is very simple, and we first opened the right side of the unit and found the GTX 1070 Ti attached to a riser card and secured by a plastic clip. You could easily replace this down the line if needed. We also see that it's compartmentalized, so the heat generated doesn't really affect the rest of the system.
On the left side, we see the rest of the hardware, and it's pretty easy to remove and replace most things. However the wiring is custom done and zip tied, and with all the fans, you don't want to have to redo it. We find out 450W PSU from Silverstone at the bottom of the PC.
The 1TB HDD is a Seagate BarraCuda. We also find a custom control board that controls the RGB LEDs built into the doors and can facilitate another system fan. It connects to the system though a USB 2.0 internal header. The board also has an INA3221 triple channel voltage monitor that monitors the voltage on all three main rails.
The VRM on the mini-ITX motherboard is cooled by a blower fan that can be easily removed to access the HDD tray. The CPU is cooled by a low-profile heat sink that uses many heat pipes.
We find our 256GB NVMe drive, which uses a Phison controller and is cooled by its own heat sink. We also find Samsung based DDR4 sticks and an Intel Wireless-AC 3165 1x1 controller.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Zotac MEK1 Gaming PC retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Zotac MEK1 Gaming PC retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google's Stadia changes gaming forever
- Atari VCS console upgraded to Ryzen APU
- SEGA's survey dictates 'the next steps' for many SEGA titles
- Valve CEO teases Half-Life 3 to release in next '4-5 years'
- To get into Mortal Kombat 11 closed beta you'll have to pay
- How can we update our Website design?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Dirt Rally Driver HD the successful mobile game is now available in PC for free
- Super Phantom Cat, a Retro Platformer is Launching on Nintendo Switch March 21st
- Turtle Beach Unveils Its All-New Recon 70 Series Gaming Headsets
- Sacrifices, demons and emperors of Elmoraden
- Lilith Games Rebrands Rise of Civilizations to Rise of Kingdoms