When it comes to going back over the MA610P from Cooler Master, the hit the nail on the head with three things. The cooler is terrific to look at. With the use of a cover for the tower and the way the fans near seamlessly fit into it making one sleek tower, we give them props in the aesthetics.
Noise is kept to pleasing levels when using PWM control. At idle we can hardly tell they are running, and even with a healthy overclock applied, once heated up, noise is likely surpassed by the sound of the video card.
They also improved upon the hardware from the Maker 8 which this cooler gets its heritage. These are all things that many customers will gravitate to, and that is even before because the RGB LED system in this cooler is some of the best out there right now.
On the flip side, we feel that the MA610P has its shortcomings as well. Performance is a huge deal breaker for us. Because performance is less than that of the MA410P, we honestly do not see the point of this cooler past its looks. While we appreciate the fact that we can manually control the RGB lights without the use of a compatible motherboard, the system used is clunky.
To install the cooler, the wiring can be a pain, especially with short leads for the RGB LED cables from the cooler to the fan; it can complicate the installation process. Also as thick as this tower is, memory compatibility is a concern, as anything you buy needs to be short as to fit under the fan or fans.
We just feel that Cooler Master is overlooking the main point of an aftermarket CPU cooler and that it should perform above all else. Covers, fancy lighting, and an increase in price is not the way to sell coolers in our opinion.
Of course, there are many out there that will fall in love with the looks of the CPU air cooler, and are eager to add RGB LEDs on top of the motherboard, so that most of the system can be matched, and we get that.
However, it is our job to weed out the coolers that may not even be worth the time to ponder after reading this conclusion. At $69.99, we just don't see the need to spend it, when we can buy the MA410P for less, and still get RGB lighting with better performance to boot.
The Cooler Master MA610P is not a complete failure by any means, as it is capable of keeping our system from throttling. However, we do expect more from a cooler of this magnitude than fancy lights, covers, and a deeper dent in our wallet.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||80%|
The Bottom Line: The Masterair MA610P gets a solid B for their effort. While not the worst cooler to choose from the lot, we feel that many things were overlooked in the pursuit of sexiness over performance and ease of installation!
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Cooler Master MASTERAIR MA610P CPU Cooler retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Cooler Master MASTERAIR MA610P CPU Cooler retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cooler Master MASTERAIR MA610P CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mega Man Legacy Collection has sold 1 million units
- Mario's voice enters Guinness World Record, 100 performances
- Mortal Engines movie could HARDCORE fail, $42m made so far
- God of War's director confirms viewable Death Stranding demo
- New Street Fighter V character 'Kage' image leaked early
- RDX Surge Male Enhancement Pills : Maximize Your Performance with RDXSurge!
- light is flashing slow
- Core HT 231D - replacement CPU fan
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire