Here are key points about the MSI B350M Gaming Pro.
Affordable: At $80 the motherboard is super affordable and offers a solid amount of features, and is capable of overclocking the Raven Ridge APU with ease as long as you know what settings to dial in.
Aesthetics: I am a fan of the look of the heat sinks matched with the silk screen on the PCB. The motherboards red slots, red heat sinks, and red silkscreen traces match as do the traces on the heat sinks and PCB silkscreen. If you like red, then this motherboard will work for you.
Legacy Features: We have VGA (D-SUB), DVI, as well as COM, LPT, and two USB 2.0 internal headers.
No USB 3.1: The motherboard doesn't offer USB 3.1 or as some people call it, USB 3.1 Gen 2.
The MSI B350M Gaming Pro is a very value friendly motherboard with a lot of features, and it's perfect for an APU like the Raven Ridge APUs because of its many GPU outputs. I like that MSI included EZ Debug LEDs and a hidden OC header for increasing voltages, I actually realized that I needed to update the BIOS because the CPU LED stayed red during my first few boots.
Unless a motherboard has a specific sticker on it telling you it supports 2000-series processors, then you will need to update its BIOS. The good news is that AMD will lend you a CPU to perform the BIOS flash. The motherboard also has a beefy SoC VRM, with two huge power stages each made up of double the number of MOSFETs, the motherboard should easily overclock the iGPU. If you are looking for a solid, affordable motherboard for your Raven Ridge APU, give the B350M Gaming Pro a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: Loaded with many video outputs, legacy features, and unexpectedly cool aesthetics, the MSI B350M Gaming Pro is great for budget Raven Ridge builds.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI B350M Gaming Pro (AMD B350) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI B350M Gaming Pro (AMD B350) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and B350M Gaming Pro Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI B350M Gaming Pro Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI B350M Gaming Pro Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EA cancels new Star Wars game, disrupts release timeline
- New Evil Dead game still happening
- Digital-only Xbox One may have pre-loaded services, games
- Xbox Game Pass is wildly successful
- Netflix's new price hike is biggest in company history
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Comparison of directory opus and xyplorer
- Z390 Taichi Error Code 99 and A2
- The Silent Guardian: Antec present new Quiet Computing P101 Silent
- A Hero's Journey - Latest Total War: Three Kingdoms Cinematic Showcases A Jaw-Dropping China
- Pre-Order Metro Exodus From Any Physical Retailer To Secure An Exclusive Poster
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment An IO Interactive Launch Hitman HD Enhanced Collection
- Acer Debuts All-New Swift 7 with Compact Design and Incredible Screen-to-body Ratio