Here are key points about the MSI B350M Gaming Pro.
Affordable: At $80 the motherboard is super affordable and offers a solid amount of features, and is capable of overclocking the Raven Ridge APU with ease as long as you know what settings to dial in.
Aesthetics: I am a fan of the look of the heat sinks matched with the silk screen on the PCB. The motherboards red slots, red heat sinks, and red silkscreen traces match as do the traces on the heat sinks and PCB silkscreen. If you like red, then this motherboard will work for you.
Legacy Features: We have VGA (D-SUB), DVI, as well as COM, LPT, and two USB 2.0 internal headers.
No USB 3.1: The motherboard doesn't offer USB 3.1 or as some people call it, USB 3.1 Gen 2.
The MSI B350M Gaming Pro is a very value friendly motherboard with a lot of features, and it's perfect for an APU like the Raven Ridge APUs because of its many GPU outputs. I like that MSI included EZ Debug LEDs and a hidden OC header for increasing voltages, I actually realized that I needed to update the BIOS because the CPU LED stayed red during my first few boots.
Unless a motherboard has a specific sticker on it telling you it supports 2000-series processors, then you will need to update its BIOS. The good news is that AMD will lend you a CPU to perform the BIOS flash. The motherboard also has a beefy SoC VRM, with two huge power stages each made up of double the number of MOSFETs, the motherboard should easily overclock the iGPU. If you are looking for a solid, affordable motherboard for your Raven Ridge APU, give the B350M Gaming Pro a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: Loaded with many video outputs, legacy features, and unexpectedly cool aesthetics, the MSI B350M Gaming Pro is great for budget Raven Ridge builds.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI B350M Gaming Pro (AMD B350) Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI B350M Gaming Pro (AMD B350) Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and B350M Gaming Pro Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI B350M Gaming Pro Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI B350M Gaming Pro Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit