Packaging and Overview
The motherboard box is very similar to ASRock's other mini-ITX Fatal1ty edition motherboards. Packaging is done quite well, and the motherboard and all accessories are well protected.
The accessory package includes two SATA6Gb/s cables, IO panel, WIFI antenna, M.2 screw, case badge, postcard, driver DVD, and manuals.
ASRock offers three fan headers, all of which can operate in PWM or DC mode except for the CPU fan header which is PWM-only. I circled the fan headers in blue, and they can be controlled through the UEFI or through Windows. The motherboard features a red and black color theme, and that's good for a team red build. The back of the motherboard features an M.2 slot and some other components.
The rear IO panel features two USB 2.0 ports, PS/2 keyboard/mouse, two HDMI 1.4b ports, USB 3.1 type-C, USB 3.1 type-A, two USB 3.0 ports, 1Gbit LAN, WIFI antenna, and 7.1 gold plated audio ports with S/PDIF out.
We find a 32Gb/s M.2 port on the rear of the PCB. The motherboard features four SATA6Gb/s ports, a USB 2.0 internal header, a USB 3.0 internal header, and front panel headers.
At the bottom right corner of the motherboard we also find a clear CMOS header. The VRM has a solid red heat sink and an 8-pin power input header.
At the top of the motherboard right above the CPU socket we find a single USB 2.0 internal header as well as an RGB LED header. They are located in that position so it's easy for AMD's cooler to hook up its RGB LEDs to the motherboard. There are also HD audio and S/PDIF headers located near the audio section of the PCB.
The heat sinks are all screwed into the motherboard and the CPU VRM heat sink makes excellent contact with the MOSFETs.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock Mini-ITX Motherboards X370 Gaming-ITX/AC retails for $109.99 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock Mini-ITX Motherboards X370 GAMING-ITX/AC retails for £140.79 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 creative director leaves, should we be concerned?
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director