DOOM & PUBG
Gaming was done in two stages, one with the mouse pad, and one without it. Using the V570 Blackout on top of the Viper Gaming mouse pad is hard to describe. Where most mice have a touch of drag, even on hard mouse pads, with the polymer used in conjunction with the ceramic pads on the mouse, the coefficient of friction between them is the least we have experienced, ever. Typically, we enjoy using the 5000 and 6000 DPI range on laser mice.
However, when using the Gaming Mouse Pad, we never found a need to go over 3200 DPI for gaming. To stay accurate, we traded off a lower DPI setting for more lifting of the mouse when we got too close to the edge of the pad. With the mouse on an ordinary cloth mat or two, we still feel that the Viper V570 has some of the slickest feet available. We could feel more drag than on the Viper pad, but it is nowhere near what we experience with PTFE day in and day out. Movement and control are not something that comes right away, but once we got used to the effortless moment, we were soon back in the saddle killing daemons or attempting to obtain a chicken dinner.
Windows and Productivity
Our daily grind was slowed at first, as we were trying the Viper V570 with our normal DPI settings, and were constantly overshooting icons and when trying to double click, we were jittering ever so slightly, enough to make programs not open. After a day of trying that and failing, we lowered the DPI, and accuracy for image editing was restored. It was not long after making that adjustment that productivity was again up to speed, and we were content with the product.
That being said, the Viper V570 is a large product. Even so, our hand was comfortable, and our wrist never felt the strain when using a relaxed grip. When it came time to sling the mouse around on the 4K screen for internet usage, we found 3200 DPI, to again, be the sweet spot for us, and we have no idea why there is 12,000 DPI, or who on the planet can use this product at that level.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series