He Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 is one of the best Z370 overclocking motherboards I have worked with so far. Is easily increased voltage, with strong LLC levels (probably due to the presence of Internal LLC), and I was able to set 1.29v with both LLCs on level Turbo.
The motherboard can actually do 5GHz stable on the 8700K, but our tests are aimed at figuring out what settings get us to 4.9GHz, as not all boards can do 5GHz because of the current LLC fiasco, so we wanted to standardize things. You might also notice none of the cores went into the red throttle zone.
Compatible Memory Overclocking Kits
In this section, I overclock four memory kits only using XMP, if the kit works then the results are below. I welcome memory vendors to send in their kits to be tested on each motherboard.
Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz C16 8GBx2
The board easily overclocked the Dominator Platinum RAM to 3200MHz.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 (Intel LGA1151/ Z370/ ATX/ 3xM.2/ M.2 Thermal Guard / Front USB 3.1 /ESS Sabre DAC /RGB Fusion/ Fan Stop /SLI/ Motherboard) retails for $376.99 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 (Intel LGA1151/ Z370/ ATX/ 3xM.2/ M.2 Thermal Guard/Front USB 3.1 /ESS Sabre DAC/RGB Fusion/Fan Stop/SLI/Motherboard) retails for £312.00 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]