Here are key points about the BIOSTAR A320MH Pro.
Affordable: At just over the $50 mark, the A320MH-Pro is one of the least expensive AM4 motherboards on the market. Since AMD's new SoC design for their Ryzen CPUs puts a lot of IO into the CPU itself, there is not that much need for a chipset loaded with features, unless of course, you need those extra features. This segmentation allows vendors to put out much less expensive products, and the A320MH Pro is extremely affordable.
It Gets the Job Done: As AMD says, the A320 chipset is there to get the job done. It offers some extra SATA and supports extra PCI-E based devices such as NICs. It's the bare bones chipset, and the A320MH Pro is a bare bones motherboard; it just works.
Supports up to 95W: It's AMD's most mainstream chipset, mainly targeting APU/NPU (not really sure what an NPU is) users. However, that does not mean Ryzen 3, 5, and 7 CPUs aren't supported, in fact, they are supported right up to the 95W 1800X. XFR is even working correctly.
Audio Caps and Network Guard: BIOSTAR added in some higher quality electrolytic audio capacitors for the audio section to spice things up. BIOSTAR has also added in ESD protection for USB port and uses a LAN guard to protect from surges over your network.
No M.2: The Ryzen 3, 5, and 7 CPUs offer x4 PCI-E 3.0 for an M.2 drive, but the A320MH Pro doesn't offer the port. It could be because it's really only useful with CPUs that support those extra lanes (we don't know what the APUs/NPUs will support).
Low On IO USB: The motherboard only offers four rear USB ports, two of which are USB 3.0.
The BIOSTAR A320MH Pro is what you would expect from a motherboard that costs only $52; it's the base model for a motherboard for the AM4 platform. The A320MH Pro and other motherboards like it are designed to facilitate AMD's upcoming lower power CPUs with integrated graphics, but the motherboard does support Ryzen 3, 5, and 7 CPUs, and it had no problem handling my 1800X. Although the chipset doesn't support CPU overclocking, I was super surprised when it overclocked my RAM to 3200Mhz with ease, and that does really help alleviate the infinity fabric bottleneck of Ryzen 3, 5, and 7 CPUs.
The A320MH Pro is a very basic board with basic features and decent performance. Many users these days plug in one or two SATA drives, a single GPU, and two sticks of RAM. They typically never enter the UEFI, don't overclock, and don't really configure fans. For many of those people, the A320MH Pro is more than enough, but it also offers some extra features, such as a loaded BIOS for those that want to tune things a bit more.
If you are in the market for a basic board for your Ryzen CPU, APU, or NPU, take a look at the A320MH Pro.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||87%|
The Bottom Line: Getting the job done with ease, the BIOSTAR's A320MH Pro is an extremely affordable motherboard for any basic AMD Ryzen build.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and A320MH Pro Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR A320MH Pro Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR A320MH Pro Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (Site www.BizFests.com) 128GB $2,740
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $2,740
- 2 New Half-Life 2 Developers videos
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit