Here are key points about the BIOSTAR A320MH Pro.
Affordable: At just over the $50 mark, the A320MH-Pro is one of the least expensive AM4 motherboards on the market. Since AMD's new SoC design for their Ryzen CPUs puts a lot of IO into the CPU itself, there is not that much need for a chipset loaded with features, unless of course, you need those extra features. This segmentation allows vendors to put out much less expensive products, and the A320MH Pro is extremely affordable.
It Gets the Job Done: As AMD says, the A320 chipset is there to get the job done. It offers some extra SATA and supports extra PCI-E based devices such as NICs. It's the bare bones chipset, and the A320MH Pro is a bare bones motherboard; it just works.
Supports up to 95W: It's AMD's most mainstream chipset, mainly targeting APU/NPU (not really sure what an NPU is) users. However, that does not mean Ryzen 3, 5, and 7 CPUs aren't supported, in fact, they are supported right up to the 95W 1800X. XFR is even working correctly.
Audio Caps and Network Guard: BIOSTAR added in some higher quality electrolytic audio capacitors for the audio section to spice things up. BIOSTAR has also added in ESD protection for USB port and uses a LAN guard to protect from surges over your network.
No M.2: The Ryzen 3, 5, and 7 CPUs offer x4 PCI-E 3.0 for an M.2 drive, but the A320MH Pro doesn't offer the port. It could be because it's really only useful with CPUs that support those extra lanes (we don't know what the APUs/NPUs will support).
Low On IO USB: The motherboard only offers four rear USB ports, two of which are USB 3.0.
The BIOSTAR A320MH Pro is what you would expect from a motherboard that costs only $52; it's the base model for a motherboard for the AM4 platform. The A320MH Pro and other motherboards like it are designed to facilitate AMD's upcoming lower power CPUs with integrated graphics, but the motherboard does support Ryzen 3, 5, and 7 CPUs, and it had no problem handling my 1800X. Although the chipset doesn't support CPU overclocking, I was super surprised when it overclocked my RAM to 3200Mhz with ease, and that does really help alleviate the infinity fabric bottleneck of Ryzen 3, 5, and 7 CPUs.
The A320MH Pro is a very basic board with basic features and decent performance. Many users these days plug in one or two SATA drives, a single GPU, and two sticks of RAM. They typically never enter the UEFI, don't overclock, and don't really configure fans. For many of those people, the A320MH Pro is more than enough, but it also offers some extra features, such as a loaded BIOS for those that want to tune things a bit more.
If you are in the market for a basic board for your Ryzen CPU, APU, or NPU, take a look at the A320MH Pro.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||87%|
The Bottom Line: Getting the job done with ease, the BIOSTAR's A320MH Pro is an extremely affordable motherboard for any basic AMD Ryzen build.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and A320MH Pro Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR A320MH Pro Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR A320MH Pro Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox Scarlett to have mid-grade and enthusiast consoles
- Mega Man Legacy Collection has sold 1 million units
- Mario's voice enters Guinness World Record, 100 performances
- Mortal Engines movie could HARDCORE fail, $42m made so far
- God of War's director confirms viewable Death Stranding demo
- ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ: The Best Gaming Monitor Ever Made
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire