Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing
Currently, Patriot only offers a pair of keyboards, one of which we have already seen. That keyboard would be the Patriot Viper V760, which we had a look at, a little over a year ago. In that design, we were greeted with a frameless mechanical keyboard with the typical 104-key layout and a built-in wrist rest. The V760 was also feature rich with Macros, RGB lighting, as well as a software suite which allowed users to make the most of any situation, by customizing things at will. Not only is the V760 very Affordable, but it also came highly recommended by us at that time, and still is a solid answer to fit most users' needs.
Since Patriot pretty much hit the nail on the head with the release of the Viper V760, we find it hard to imagine exactly what it is that they could do to make it better, but they are giving it the old college try. In the latest iteration of the Viper mechanical keyboards, many things have changed. While the basic design is very similar, the number of keys has been increased. The main reason to do this is to allow users to have All of the functionality at their fingertips, rather than having to return to the software all of the time to make changes. With the release of their latest keyboard, Patriot allows the user to address many of the LED backlighting modes, set profiles, record Macros on-the-fly, while also delivering a set of multimedia keys that are not what is typically found in many other solutions.
The mechanical gaming keyboard we are addressing here today is the Patriot Viper V770 RGB. What you are about to see is a large step forward from the V760, and is done in all the right ways. While the software does hide a few extras that the keyboard does not show initially, the majority of your programming and customizations can all be done while working or gaming, without missing a beat. Also, rather than offer a built-in wrist rest, this time the rest is detachable, but it also sports a logo and stripe across it that is RGB backlit too. If the V760 was up your alley, but you are looking for something better, look no further. The Patriot Viper V760 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is everything you need, and at a price, anyone can appreciate.
The chart we found on the Patriot product page does not offer much information, but they do cover the basics. First, we see that the V770 RGB and packaging weighs in at 2043 grams. We also see that the box is 510mm wide, it is 200mm from front to back, and it stands 72mm tall. As to the keyboard itself, it is 459mm from side to side; it is 229mm from front to back, the keyboard stands 39mm tall and weighs in at 1398 grams. We also like the fact that the Patriot Viper V770 RGB is covered by a two-year warranty.
Things that are not mentioned makes for a much longer list. The frame of the chassis is made of plastic, which is black, and the plate is exposed in this design, which is gunmetal gray and is made of aluminum. Each of the keys is backlit with 16.8 million color choices and various lighting modes. The mechanical switches used in this sample are Kailh red switches, and we do not see any indication of optional choices. There is a dedicated set of five Macro keys, a set of five profile keys, and six LED mode switches with a pair of LED intensity buttons too. You can change the direction of the LED display, there are multimedia keys, you can increase and decrease the speed of the LED modes, and we also find a Gaming mode lockout key and a record button for use with profiles and Macros.
As we look at the product page of the V770 RGB, we noticed the MSRP is shown there too, and it is shown to be set at $139.99. However, much like when it came to finding the V760, looking for the Viper V770 RGB at retail outlets is pleasing to the wallet. At this time, you can look to both Newegg as well as Amazon, and find the Viper V770 RGB priced at just $119.99, which is only $20 more than what the V760 cost when we reviewed it. With everything you get now, the inclusion of extra keys, features, and simplistic functionality, we feel the slight increase in cost is worth every penny. Even if you are not a fan of Patriot peripherals up to now, the Viper V770 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard may just be the "it product" that changes your mind, and we strongly urge you to have a look at what Patriot is doing now in the realm of mechanical keyboards.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Patriot Viper V770 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Patriot Viper V770 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Patriot Viper V770 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Viper V770 RGB Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix reveals 'Salty Shores' Rocket League content update
- Overwatch two-year anniversary skins and patch notes reveal
- Human Head Studios release Rune: Ragarok gameplay video
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure unveil
- Hi-Rez Studios fires art contractor for copied Overwatch art
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit