Over the past months, I have looked at many gaming notebooks featuring Pascal mobile parts and Kaby Lake mobile parts, a match made in heaven for mobile gaming. Both architectures outclass their predecessors in both performance and power, and vendors took it upon themselves to add in 4K gaming displays, but they typically have done it starting with GTX 1060 graphics.
The issue is that a mobile GTX 1060 isn't enough to drive modern games very well at 4K, and so it confuses me to see that. However, today GIGABYTE sent over a P56XT with a 4K display, but it uses a GTX 1070, which should be much improved and capable of 4K game play on the go.
Let's see what GIGABYTE has to offer with the P56XT.
The P56XT features an i7-7700HQ 4C/8C processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz. We also get a 15.6" UHD (4K) display, but there is an option for 1080P if you like that. The notebook features a GTX 1070 with 8GB of VRAM. The notebook in our configuration has a 1TB HDD along with a 256GB M.2 SSD. It also features a 91Wh battery, ThunderBolt 3.0, and an HD web camera. It weights roughly 5.7lbs and has dimensions of 15.1(W) x 10.6(D) x 1.2(H) inches.
The P56XT starts at $2,099.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mega Man Collection coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Moss is coming this February on PSVR, new trailer released
- Biomutant has had a new gameplay teaser trailer released
- Samsung's new patent teases FLYING SCREEN for hovering video
- New Steam game offers 1 x Bitcoin to anyone who solves it
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit