Accessories and Documentation
On the left, we see a pair of brackets which are to be used for the various Intel mounts, all but LGA2011 and LGA2066. The back plate is universal to Intel usage, and the tabs have rubber pads to help isolates it from the motherboard. On the right is why this is the Mugen 5 Rev.B. The AMD brackets now have two holes at either end, allowing for the earlier location, and the newer AM4 location.
In this image, we see the screws which mount the top brackets to either set of standoffs to the right. The first set next to the screws are the universal Intel standoffs, and the ones to the right are used for direct socket mounting, like that of LGA2011.
When it comes to mounting this cooler to an AMD motherboard, you will need to use the set of long screws on the right, as well as using the black plastic spacers to ensure the top brackets can be used at the proper height. As for the chunk of rubber backed with 3M tape, that is a LGA775 pre-load spacer which can be stuck to the backplate.
Universal to any mounting situation, we have this group of hardware. There are four wire fan clips sent along with the Mugen 5 Rev.B, as well as a short tube of thermal grease. Scythe also makes sure to send along a stubby handled screwdriver, as the only way to mount the cooler to the hardware, is to have the proper length screwdriver to reach the screws, through the cooler fins.
The fan that cools the tower is the SU1225FD12M-CHP 120mm PWM fan. The fan has rubber pads in each corner, on both sides of the fan, to ensure the fan does not vibrate against the fins. The frame is black, the eleven blades are gray, and the 4-pin PWM fan connection is at the end of the black braided sleeve which covers the wire.
The manual is typical for a Scythe cooler. It is multilingual, which reduces the amount of information provided in text form. However, with the parts list and the well-drawn renderings of the steps to install the Mugen 5 Rev.B, there should be no confusion or hassles when it comes time for you to install it.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo discuss Metroid Prime 4/Yoshi/Pokemon progression
- Total War dev Creative Assembly working on tactical FPS
- NVIDIA Tensor Core GPUs power 5 out of 7 best supercomputers
- INSOMNIA: The Ark developers announce new jazzy soundtrack
- Forza Horizon 4 car list leaked, 90GB of pre-load available
- اعطال صيانه تكييفات امريكول (01014723434) اصلاح امري
- GA-Z68AP-D3 rev 1.0, unable to access BIOS or load Win10
- Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- AMD Vega 56 not being detected by Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard
- win 7 with gigbyte mobo/network only getting 10% of bandwidth
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit