HD Video Play - 720p HD stream from Windows Media Player, 256kB reads
2HD Video Play - 2x playback
4HD Video Play - 4x playback
HD Video Record - 720p HD stream, 256kB writes
File Copy From NAS - 64kB read
File Copy To NAS - 64kB writes
Throwing the DS1817 on our charts in dark blue, I found this unit to perform a bit higher than the 1517+ and RN626X reaching 390 MB/s in playback and 575 MB/s in 4x playback. The record hit 357 MB/s with File Copy topping out at 367 MB/s to the NAS and 300 from the NAS.
RAID 5 still had a solid performance with multi playback workloads; this includes 572 MB/s for 2x and 377 MB/s for 4x. File copy reached 222 MB/s and 341 MB/s, respectively.
In our last run with RAID 6, performance hovered between 320 and 370 MB/s for file copy and 380 MB/s for record. Playback still showed the best at 450 MB/s through 612 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit