Benchmarks - Sequential and Mixed Workloads
Our Sequential read/write workload is centered on 128K transfer sizes
Sequential read, in RAID 0 topped out a touch under 800 MB/s. Write performance was slightly lower starting at 240 MB/s and increasing up to a peak of 663 MB/s.
RAID 5 we see similar results with read performance peaking around 780 MB/s while write performance stumbles around 200 MB/s with peaks at QD64 at 440 MB/s.
Write performance for RAID 6 was quite consistent around 200 MB/s while read performance looked strong from QD4 through QD128.
Starting off our workload performance testing, we see RAID 0 push database upwards of 50K IOPS for the QNAP while RAID 5 and 6 see 20K and 15K IOPS, respectively.
File Server continues the tremendous performance of the TVS-473. RAID 0 and 5 showing nearly the same performance at 43K and 41K IOPS with RAID 6 showing 20K IOPS.
Email Server peaks at 44K IOPS for the 473, while we see lower performance for RAID 5 and RAID 6, 16K and 13K respectively.
Web Server gives us interesting results with all three arrays performing exceptionally well. Here we have 35 K IOPS for RAID 0 and 5 with RAID 6 peaking near 37K IOPS.
Workstation topped 50K IOPS in RAID 0 and not far behind we see RAID 5 around 48K IOPS. RAID 6 finishes our testing at 28K IOPS.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The QNAP TVS-473 SMB NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) retails for $XXX at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit