Installation and Finished Product
Anyone who has used an Intel stock cooler should have no issue with the push-pin system. The first thing to do is to make sure the slot on the top lines up with the brackets below, which ensures the locks are in the correct orientation. You then just need to align them with the motherboard holes and push them in until you hear them click.
The click you hear is the center pins locking into the white plastic tabs that are also pushed through the motherboard holes. If you do not see the pins and locks on the back of the motherboard, you need to reassess your mounting of the Byakko.
The Byakko did not appear this small until we installed it on the motherboard, and we perspective kicks in. The cooler is short in height, and even the wire fan clips do not extend past the RAM. The fan sits just above the memory for adequate flow into the fan and is still lower than the tips of the pipes on top.
When it comes to memory selection, there is not a worry to be had. Our memory is taller than some, but not the tallest available, and since the Byakko is offset in design, the fan never comes close to causing conflict here.
As we move back to look at the size of the Byakko and see what other issues may arise, we are left with nothing, again. Even of you desire a second fan, it will not affect mainstream motherboards but is venturing into the territory of HEDT and RAM on both sides of the cooler.
When the motherboard is installed into the chassis, we find that the Byakko looks even smaller than it just did. The aesthetics are not spectacular by any means, but we do get the Scythe logo to look at, as well as pipe tips that blend in with the exposed aluminum fins.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Scythe Byakko SCBYK-1000 CPU Cooler retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Scythe Byakko CPU Cooler - 92mm retails for £24.69 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Scythe Byakko CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix explains why it cut off Hitman dev
- ThinkPad Black Friday sale has a giant 35% off coupon
- Nintendo Switch drives Gamestop hardware sales
- Tencent will publish PUBG in China
- Paradox and Jon Shafer 'part ways' after just 6 months
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard Review
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ