Installation and Finished Product
Anyone who has used an Intel stock cooler should have no issue with the push-pin system. The first thing to do is to make sure the slot on the top lines up with the brackets below, which ensures the locks are in the correct orientation. You then just need to align them with the motherboard holes and push them in until you hear them click.
The click you hear is the center pins locking into the white plastic tabs that are also pushed through the motherboard holes. If you do not see the pins and locks on the back of the motherboard, you need to reassess your mounting of the Byakko.
The Byakko did not appear this small until we installed it on the motherboard, and we perspective kicks in. The cooler is short in height, and even the wire fan clips do not extend past the RAM. The fan sits just above the memory for adequate flow into the fan and is still lower than the tips of the pipes on top.
When it comes to memory selection, there is not a worry to be had. Our memory is taller than some, but not the tallest available, and since the Byakko is offset in design, the fan never comes close to causing conflict here.
As we move back to look at the size of the Byakko and see what other issues may arise, we are left with nothing, again. Even of you desire a second fan, it will not affect mainstream motherboards but is venturing into the territory of HEDT and RAM on both sides of the cooler.
When the motherboard is installed into the chassis, we find that the Byakko looks even smaller than it just did. The aesthetics are not spectacular by any means, but we do get the Scythe logo to look at, as well as pipe tips that blend in with the exposed aluminum fins.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Scythe Byakko SCBYK-1000 CPU Cooler retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Scythe Byakko SCBYK-1000 CPU Cooler retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Scythe Byakko CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- CD Projekt RED opens new studio to work on Cyberpunk 2077
- Tencent to publish Ubisoft's biggest games in China
- Vivendi cancels Ubisoft takeover, to sell all company shares
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit