Packaging and Overview
The motherboard box is of solid construction and features carbon fiber streaks; the motherboard is extremely well protected inside the box.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, manual, and driver DVD.
BIOSTAR offers just two fan headers, which is a reasonable amount for a mini-ITX motherboard. Most mini-ITX motherboards only feature two fan headers. BIOSTAR's fan headers are 4-pin PWM-only headers that won't control voltage (3-pin) fans, instead voltage mode fans will run full speed. PWM fans can be controlled through the UEFI or Windows. BIOSTAR's black and gray color theme has won them many fans over the past few years, including me. I really like the heat sink RGB LEDs, which allow you to choose the color of your VRM heat sink. The back of the motherboard isn't bare; the sole M.2 slot is on the rear of the motherboard.
The IO panel includes four USB 3.0 type-A ports, one USB 3.1 type-A port, one USB 3.1 type-C port, DVI, PS/2 keyboard, 1Gbit LAN, HDMI, and 7.1 gold plated audio outputs with S/PDIF out.
Like other mini-ITX motherboards, the X370GTN features a single PCI-E x16 3.0 slot routed directly to the CPU. Two SATA6Gb/s ports site above the x16 slot. A single 32Gb/s M.2 slot sits on the rear of the PCB and allows users to use the latest NVMe drives for significantly faster performance.
Two RGB LED 5050 headers are located at the top of the motherboard above the CPU socket. Between the 24-pin power connector and two vertical SATA 6Gb/s ports are the front panel headers. Below the two SATA6Gb/s ports is a USB 3.0 internal header.
Audio headers are located near the audio section of the PCB along with the CMOS battery. A single USB 2.0 internal header is located right above the PCI-E x16 slot. The single VRM heat sink is screwed to the motherboard while the chipset heat sink uses pushpins, and is very hard to remove from the motherboard.
Surprisingly, the heat sinks and shields are screwed onto the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Netflix won't be available on the Nintendo Switch as of yet
- QLOC to port Dark Souls Remastered to respective platforms
- ViewSonic shows off new gaming displays at CES 2018
- NBA Jam remake teased, and now it needs to happen
- Twitter is 'creepy Big Brother', has access to your DMs
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series