At the end of 2016 moving into 2017 and CES, NETGEAR made a series of announcements. One of those was the addition of a new entry-level wireless solution named the R7000P. This solution would take over the spot held by the original Nighthawk, offering increased range and throughput.
The R7000P is a unique solution in that it fits itself into a new class between AC1900 and AC2600. This new class offers a 600 Mbps 802.11n 2.4GHz band with 256QAM support and a 1625 Mbps 5GHz band, together making this an AC2300 class solution. NETGEAR has added in some technologies to its Wave 2 Nighthawk solution including MU-MIMO, Beamforming+, and the introduction of NETGEAR Up app for iOS and Android.
NETGEAR markets this solution to consumers with very large homes with its dual band configurations. As mentioned above, this router is equipped with Beamforming+ allowing for increased range. Five Gigabit Ethernet ports aid in both wired network connections and the WAN connection to your modem. Two USB ports allow for high throughput storage access to ReadyShare features such as Vault and ReadyShare Cloud.
On the hardware side, this platform houses a dual-core processor operating at 1GHz. 256MB of DDR3 and 128MB of flash are paired with it. Dimensions come in at 11.2 x 7.2 x 1.9 Inches with weight topping a hair over 1.6 pounds.
The MSRP of the NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000P comes in at $179.99 with a one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router (R7000P) - AC2300 Wireless Speed (up to 2300 Mbps) | Up to 2000 sq ft Coverage & 35 Devices | 4 x 1G Ethernet and 2 USB ports | Armor Security retails for $161.00 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart Wi-Fi Router (R7000P) - AC2300 Wireless Speed (up to 2300 Mbps) | Up to 2000 sq ft Coverage & 35 Devices | 4 x 1G Ethernet and 2 USB ports | Armor Security retails for £153.96 at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Disney+ includes free 4K streaming, supports 4 simultaneous streams
- Bandai Namco: Epic Store exclusivity isn't our vision
- El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie announced, drops October 11 on Netflix
- The best destruction physics in a game EVER, also features ray tracing
- NASA investigating first SPACE CRIME, as astronaut is naughty on ISS
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best