At the end of 2016 moving into 2017 and CES, NETGEAR made a series of announcements. One of those was the addition of a new entry-level wireless solution named the R7000P. This solution would take over the spot held by the original Nighthawk, offering increased range and throughput.
The R7000P is a unique solution in that it fits itself into a new class between AC1900 and AC2600. This new class offers a 600 Mbps 802.11n 2.4GHz band with 256QAM support and a 1625 Mbps 5GHz band, together making this an AC2300 class solution. NETGEAR has added in some technologies to its Wave 2 Nighthawk solution including MU-MIMO, Beamforming+, and the introduction of NETGEAR Up app for iOS and Android.
NETGEAR markets this solution to consumers with very large homes with its dual band configurations. As mentioned above, this router is equipped with Beamforming+ allowing for increased range. Five Gigabit Ethernet ports aid in both wired network connections and the WAN connection to your modem. Two USB ports allow for high throughput storage access to ReadyShare features such as Vault and ReadyShare Cloud.
On the hardware side, this platform houses a dual-core processor operating at 1GHz. 256MB of DDR3 and 128MB of flash are paired with it. Dimensions come in at 11.2 x 7.2 x 1.9 Inches with weight topping a hair over 1.6 pounds.
The MSRP of the NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000P comes in at $179.99 with a one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000P AC2300 Wireless Router retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000P AC2300 Wireless Router retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Minecraft boss becomes Xbox boss, replacing Phil Spencer
- Ubisoft says that the PC is the 'superior' gaming platform
- Samsung 4TB SSD teased, will cost a mighty $1900
- Samsung starts producing 16-gigabit GDDR6 for next-gen GPUs
- PUBG patched on PC, fixes performance in large-scale fights
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series