Over the years, I have had a few Drobo products come through. Most recently we looked at the 5C, the latest DAS from Drobo. Today, we switch gears over to the network storage market and look at the latest NAS appliance, the 5N2.
The 5N2 is the latest generation of network appliance from Drobo. At first glance, this solution looks exactly like any other tower appliance from Drobo and even digging in, the entire enclosure, apart from the rear I/O, is nearly identical to the 5D, 5C, and 5N. The Drobo design which they have held onto throughout the years is iconic of the brand.
One of the largest features of Drobo is BeyondRAID, leveraging this you can mix and match drive sizes and perform on-the-fly drive swaps if you want to increase capacity or if you have the misfortune of having a drive fail. Over the years, Drobo has added to the feature list now offering apps through the myDrobo platform and backup via Time Machine and Windows Backup. Remote Replication is handled via Drobo Sync.
Specifications for the Drobo 5N2 start off with connectivity via its 2x Gigabit Ethernet ports. Drives are handled via the five tool-free bays on the front of the unit. Supported solutions include 3.5" SATA II and III HDDs and SSDs. On the bottom of the unit, you will find an mSATA slot used for caching. The 5N2 supports CIFS, SMB, and AFP for data access with power fail protection and a Kensington lock port for security.
System support includes OS X 10.10 and above along with Windows 7 and up. The MSRP of the Drobo 5N2 comes in at $499.99 with a two-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Drobo 5N2 Five-Bay NAS retails for $XXX at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Overwatch tease 'Lunar New Year' Chinese dynasty theme skins
- FromSoftware President wouldn't mind a Demon Souls Remaster
- Resident Evil 2 to get 'Ghost Survivors' mode after launch
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series