MSI's product showcase is like a software pop-up ad, which you will need to disable. While it does highlight the product, it shouldn't pop-up every time you boot up or when you let the product sit idle for a few minutes, at least not by default.
MSI has multiple software programs, one of them is the Dragon Center which houses other programs. MSI's True Color and SCM are two of those programs. Dragon Center also offers a System Tuner ability to increase performance and fan speed.
You can control the RGB LED lighting in the keyboard and create cool effects. The program also offers tools and help to create recovery images or calibrate your battery.
Killer's Control Center is installed by default, many people just want the hardware without the software, and the good news is you can uninstall the software and still use the great WIFI card and the wired NIC. Nahimic audio enhancer is included as is SteelSeries Engine.
The BIOS is a UEFI, but it looks like a traditional BIOS. It offers little in the way of tuning or ability to make changes to the hardware, but then again you cannot overclock this notebook, and you also can't really upgrade it.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM