I have reviewed a fair number of gaming notebooks, the one thing they have in common is that they are monstrosities, at least most of the time. The issue with many of these notebooks is their size and weight, but with the latest Intel and NVIDIA mobile parts, it has become possible to build much stealthier notebooks.
MSI's newest generation of gaming notebooks is indeed stealthy as is made clear in its name; GS63VR Stealth Pro 4K. The notebook is also very sleek, and MSI's success in the gaming market have earned them a revered reputation. Let us see if the GS63VR Stealth Pro 4K lives up to that reputation.
The GS63VR STEALTH PRO 4K uses the i7-7700HQ 4C/8T CPU with a 2.8GHz base and 3.8GHz Turbo Boost clock. The notebook uses a 15.6" 4K UHD eDP IPS-Level display, a GTX 1060 6G GDDR5, 16GB (2x8GB) of DDR4, a 512GB M.2 SSD, a 2TB HDD, Killer wired and wireless LAN, and even ThunderBolt 3.
The notebook weighs 3.96lbs and has the dimensions 14.96"x9.8"x0.69" (LxWxH). It's lightweight for a 4K gaming notebook. The audio solution also uses an ESS Sabre HiFi DAC and features Nahimic audio software. The notebook has four speakers. If you want to use an external display you have HDMI 2.0 or mDP 1.2 as your options. The unit uses a 180W adapter and features a 3-cell 57Wh battery.
The GS63VR STEALTH PRO 4K costs $2,049.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Physical Overview]
- Page 3 [Physical Overview Continued]
- Page 4 [Software and BIOS]
- Page 5 [System Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO and Battery Performance]
- Page 8 [Thermal Performance]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions