Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing
To us, Riotoro appeared out of nowhere, as before we were asked to have a look at a couple of their cases, we had no idea of their existence. The name translates to river bull, and funny enough this has to do with their core values. In this we mean that Riotoro is striving to be an honest company that tells no lies or exaggerates the truth, there is strictly a no bull policy at Riotoro. While trying to be unique and innovative, the plan is to keep an open line of communication with their customers, as Riotoro realizes that without a solid customer base, there is no purpose to their existence.
Not only does Riotoro makes cases, but they appear to have a full line of products. Along with four cases currently on offer, Riotoro also has a trio of power supplies in ranging power to match. Taking on more markets, they have liquid CPU coolers that go by the name of Bifrost, they have AUROX mice, a Ghostwriter keyboard, a couple of types of fans, and they also offer t-shirts, jackets, and headwear. For what we perceive as a freshly started company, they do seem to have their act together, and we hope to see more products from Riotoro in the future for testing.
With all that out of the way, we would now like to introduce you to the Riotoro CR280, the smallest chassis in the lineup. This Mini-ITX chassis has quite a bit going for it out of the gate. This chassis allows for a full-sized PSU to go in it; there is room for liquid cooling, there is modularity in the design along with an aesthetically pleasing look. Since the market seems to be moving away from the full-tower designs of the past and is moving in the directing to reducing the PC footprint down to the essentials, Riotoro has followed suit and has delivered a contender for your hard-earned dollar. If Mini-ITX cases are your go-to choice for your next build, or possibly you are interested in what Riotoro is all about; either way we feel that the best way to get to know someone or something is face to face. With that said, let's get right down to it and see just what this CR280 from Riotoro is all about.
The specifications offered by Riotoro on the CR280 are not exactly what we would call thorough, but they do send out the basic idea. The CR280 is covered by a three-year warranty, and is 7.3 pounds in weight. The format of the design is Mini-ITX, and supports Mini-ITX motherboards only. Dimensionally the CR280 is 320mm deep, it is 203.2mm in width, and stands 330.2mm tall. The maximum length of a video card to be housed inside is 290mm, and as to CPU coolers, they can be no taller than 135mm. The CR280 will accept a standard ATX power supply, but does to the bay configuration, can be limited to 185mm. The last thing we have explained for us about the CR280 is that there are two expansion slots in the back.
Riotoro mentions nothing of the all steel construction of the chassis, or that it is black, or that it sports red accents. They do not even attempt to describe the storage options, of which there are a couple. One set of bays is screwed onto the floor of the chassis and is capable of housing a pair of 3.5" drives, and this set of bays can be removed. For additional storage, the right third of the motherboard tray has locations which will support a pair of 2.5" drives as well. Riotoro also makes sure that this chassis has some airflow out of the box, which is handled by a pair of FBK120 120mm fans, one in the front, and one at the back.
In the information we were provided via emails before receiving the case, we were made aware of the $54.99 MSRP of the CR280, and we feel that it is fair for what you get. Looking for the chassis out in the wild, we see that both Amazon and Newegg have stock and are ready to sell you the CR280. Amazon is the most expensive route to take at this time, with their current page listing this chassis for $56.99, but that does come with free shipping to Prime members. However, to get the best deal to be had, look to Newegg for this chassis. It is there in which we found the CR280 for just $47.48, which offers free shipping too, and not just to Premier members. One thing is for certain, Riotoro has made sure that the CR280 is at least affordable if nothing else.
Chad's Chassis Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3
- CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: Corsair H80i GT (buy from Amazon)
- Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH
- Video Card: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 AMP. Extreme Edition (buy from Amazon)
- Storage: SuperSpeed 128GB SSD
- Power Supply: SilverStone SST-ST85F-G (buy from Amazon)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (buy from Amazon)
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The RIOTORO CR280 Compact Mini-ITX Chassis retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [RIOTORO CR280 Mini-ITX Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the CR280]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung bows out of the Blu-ray player market in the US
- NVIDIA's gaming division bleeds out, revenues down 45%
- AMD rumored to launch 7nm Navi GPUs on 7/7
- Get caught up in 'Girl in the Spider's Web' Blu-ray giveaway
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage