Here are key points about the ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming.
5Gbit NIC: Having recently done a piece on the new 5Gbit/2.5Gbit/1Gbit/100Mbit NBASE-T NIC from Aquantia, I can attest to the new chip's performance. In the future, we will see more supporting hardware, but for now, you can link two of these NICs together or to an NBase-T switch or router to take advantage of the increased speed over existing cabling (Cat5e).
VRM Quality: The X370 Professional Gaming is a truly high-end X370 motherboard, and as such has a very high-quality VRM. ASRock is using one of the finest digital PWM controllers in the industry along with some of the best power stage and filter components.
Lots of USB: Six USB 3.0 on the rear and two USB 3.0 internal headers are just the start. The motherboard is also loaded with AMD's USB 3.1 on the rear IO; you get a type-A port and a type-C port.
Extra Clock Generator: ASRock has added in a secondary clock generator so that you can tune the base frequency, something that is only possible with an extra clock buffer IC.
WIFI Card is 1x1: While everyone loves Intel's wired NICs, their 1x1 wireless AC card isn't that fast, and I was hoping that ASRock would upgrade it to 2x2.
The ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming is one of very few high-end enthusiast X370 motherboards. It offers overclocking features, an extra clock generator, and one of the best VRMs to facilitate easy and fulfilling overclocking of your Ryzen CPU. The motherboard is also loaded with other features such as dual M.2 slots, four extra SATA6Gb/s ports, and a 5Gbit NIC.
The Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming is also a stunner regarding aesthetics. If the built-in RGB LEDs in the shields and under the chipset heat sink wasn't enough, ASRock added three RGB LED headers onto the motherboard to facilitate all your lighting projects. The X370 Professional Gaming is one of few truly high-end X370 motherboards and is worth a look if you want to build a premium Ryzen system.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||93%|
The Bottom Line: ASRock raises the bar with the Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming by putting a 5Gbit NIC on a premium AMD X370 AM4 motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EA stock prices see the dark side of Battlefront II issues
- Canadian grocery chain the first with Tesla Semi truck order
- HTC unveils new Hyper Blaster for VR will make Nintendo mad
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ