Temps & Power
At full load on our Core i7-7700K/GIGABYTE Z270X-Gaming 9 combo, the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP! Extreme Edition hit a maximum of 67C, while the entire PC consumed 370W at load.
ZOTAC has its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP! Extreme Edition listed at 1759MHz GPU boost, but our sample was hitting 1950MHz and could overclock through to 2100MHz in some benchmarks - but crashed, and in others, it was at 2050MHz stable.
But it was the 11GB of already-overclocked GDDR5X RAM that I was surprised with, as I was able to bump it from its 11.2GHz overclocked speed - to 12GHz. The 12Gbps of bandwidth on the 11GB of GDDR5X scales incredibly well on memory bandwidth starved situations, like our new Unigine Superposition benchmark.
We are now using this as our new benchmark and will be testing it extensively over the coming months with multiple systems worth of testing already done across 10+ graphics cards, we have some big content coming on Superposition.
Superposition makes great use of the massive 527.9GB/sec of memory bandwidth I was able to achieve out of the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP! Extreme Edition at 12GHz.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specs]
- Page 2 [Cooling Tech]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Test System Specs & Benchmark Details]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 5K]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 8K]
- Page 12 [Temps, Power & Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard