Packaging and Overview
The motherboard gets its name from the Common Krait, a venomous snake. The motherboard's box reflects the origins of the product's name. Packaging is decent and does a good job of protecting the motherboard.
The accessory package includes two SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, SLI bridge, cable stickers, manuals, case badge, and driver DVD.
MSI offers six fan headers on the motherboard. All the headers can work in DC/PWM mode. The CPU and Pump headers default in PWM mode while the system fan headers default in DC mode, you can change the mode of individual headers in the UEFI or through Windows. The pump header circled in red offer up to 2A of current, while the headers circled in red offer up to 1A. The motherboard's white and black color theme is unique, and I really like what MSI has done with the reinforced PCI-E slots. MSI went and added a layer of protective decoration of the PCI-E x16 slots with reinforced steel shrouds. The rear of the PCB has a few quick switches and some LEDs that line the audio PCB divide.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, two USB 2.0 ports, four USB 3.0 ports, HDMI, DVI, Gbit LAN, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, and 7.1 audio outputs.
The PCI-E layout is very familiar since almost all X370 motherboards use the same layout. The first and second x16 slots operate at x16/x0 or x8/x8 PCI-E 3.0. The last x16 slot is electrically PCE-E 2.0 x4, and it shows bandwidth with the three PCI-E 3.0 x1 slots. A single 32Gb/s M.2 slot sits between the first and second PCI-E slots.
A 90-degree USB 3.0 internal header sits to the right of six SATA 6Gb/s ports. A second USB 3.0 internal header is located at the bottom right corner of the motherboard new two USB 2.0 internal headers.
The motherboard offers an RGB LED header at the bottom of the motherboard. It also offers COM and an LPT header for your pre-industrial printers. A VR Boost shield sits above some ambiguous hardware; I assume it's some hardware to enhance the USB port performance for VR applications or it's just marketing.
The heat sinks and shields are all screwed down to the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI X370 Krait Gaming Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI X370 Krait Gaming Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X370 Krait Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X370 Krait Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X370 Krait Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Survive a 'Murder on the Orient Express' in our Blu-ray give
- War Thunder on Xbox One X will hit 60FPS later this year
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- ASUS ROG X470-F STRIX motherboard tease, ready for new Ryzen
- NVIDIA RTX technology: real-time ray tracing for games
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- D-Link EXO AC2600 Wireless Router Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit