Our first X370 motherboard review is on the motherboard that AMD provided inside our Ryzen reviewer's kit. The Crosshair VI Hero is ASUS's current top offering for the AMD AM4 platform and uses AMD's X370 chipset. The X370 chipset and Ryzen CPU ecosystem is no longer similar to that of Intel, or anything we have seen before.
The chipset, be it X370 or B350, are IO extensions of the CPU, they are basically South Bridges without system management capabilities. Things such as the BIOS and HD audio connections, which have almost always been on another chip, are now integrated into the CPU. In fact, the one reason the motherboards require a chipset is to authenticate the CPU and provide secure operation. AMD even has chipsets that have almost no IO, such as the X300, that allows overclocking and multi-GPU capabilities.
If you want multi-GPU capabilities, you have to go with an X series chipset. The Crosshair VI Hero is the result of a long line of ROG based products on the AMD side of things. They are designed to be the best overclockers and are loaded with the latest ROG features. The Crosshair VI Hero was launched on March 2nd and has since taken multiple world records. It's also one of few motherboards with an external clock generator, which is required for FSB/BCLK/bus speed adjustment.
Let's take a look at what ASUS has to offer for your high-end Ryzen rig.
The Crosshair VI Hero offers USB 3.1 on the rear IO and through an internal type-C header, 12 USB ports on the rear IO, Intel LAN, high-end audio, multi-GPU support, eight SATA ports, M.2, and even two RGB headers.
The Crosshair VI Hero costs around $255.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero (AMD X370) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero (AMD X370) Motherboard retails for $255 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero (AMD X370) Motherboard retails for £258 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Crosshair VI Hero Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Crosshair VI Hero Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Crosshair VI Hero Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mortal Kombat 11 to feature cross-play after initial launch
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Piranha Plant debuts 'February'
- Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch has 'geometry reductions' & more
- New Layers of Fear 2 trailer cruises the midnight seas
- How to redeem your Piranha Plant, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- Optimum Health Optimum Health is conjugated linoleic risky.
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Two Hat Is Changing the Landscape of Content Moderation With New Image Recognition Technology
- Top Executives Launch Blockchain-Powered Video Game Publishing Company
- Announcing Destiny Chaser's Global Launch!
- Dean Trotman Joins Sumo Digital as Commercial Director
- SmuggleCraft launches on Nintendo Switch 1/25