Installation and Finished Product
As we begin to assemble things to mount the cooler, we start with the backplate. You need to align the standoffs so that the flat side of them locks into the flat side of the hole, and the plastic isolation pads are narrow enough that they grip the standoff. This makes it much easier to move it.
The next step is simple. You just need to align the standoffs in the motherboard holes, being mindful of orientation of the backplate, and allow the plastic to rest against the motherboard.
We then flip over the motherboard, slide the plastic spacers on the standoffs, and then install the top brackets. The top brackets have arrows on them which point at the CPU, and we screwed the nuts down until we were out of threads and the springs were completely compressed.
The last step, after applying thermal paste, is to install the crossbar onto the base of the cooler and screw it onto the motherboard hardware. We alternated sides every three turns or so, and again, left no threads. We took these all the way in.
Looking past the RAM, we see a whole lot of the fan and not much of the cooler. We were able to keep the specified height with the NEOllusion, as the fan assumes its intended ride height.
There is plenty of room next to the memory to allow this cooler body and the fan to fit without conflict. If there is a desire to add a second fan while using an LGA2011 motherboard, you will have no issues with the RAM on the back of the cooler, but you would need to find a fan and mounting hardware for it.
Looking at the NEOllusion from the top of the motherboard downwards, we find the NEOllusion to be a thin candidate to cool the CPU. We also like the black and white alternating sections of the side profile, and cannot wait to try out the lighting and modes.
From the top of the cooler looking in at the system, the NEOllusion is not that impressive to stare at, but we are a sucker for the flat black coating. It is easy to tell there is clear access to the motherboard screws, and we can assure you that the top PCI-e slot is not blocked from use either.
Now, we could have taken the time to take and present 19 ways in which the NEOllusion CPU cooler can be presented with the various colors and effects the remote offers, but we think you get the point without them. Using the remote, we selected red as it matched the best, and we see that not only does the white side sections glow with red light, the name and logo badge on top of the cooler is also lit to match the sides.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [LEPA NEOllusion CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Low-end Switch to replace 3DS handheld
- Death Stranding isn't in testing phases yet
- Valve wants to use your brain as a controller
- Two new Nintendo Switch models to release around summer 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11: Noob Saibot/Shang Tsung added to roster
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Global web designing
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Numskull Designs proudly reveals: Official Mortal Kombat Klassic merchandise
- Akuto: Showdown - fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns
- Creative Destruction and Transformers' Bumblebee Team Up for In-Game Event Arriving March 28
- Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash Invites You to Celebrate When it Releases April 10 on PC
- PUBG Mobile Reveals Its 2019 eSports Plans Which Will Feature A Prize Pool of $2.5 million USD