LEPA NEOllusion CPU Cooler
The NEOllusion comes with the fan clipped onto the front edge of the tower, and we see the black frame, black dual convex blades, and also an aluminum badge with the company name and logo present. Under the cooler, we see two leads, one of which powers the fan, while the second lead is used to power the RGB LED system.
From the side, we see that the tower does not enclose the fins but is made with four aluminum fins, then a block of plastic, and it is repeated up the tower ending with a single fin to top off the stack. We also see the 3-pin connection for the RGB LEDS, but the 4-pin connection is twisted for the fan and is not easy to see.
The trailing edge of the tower is identical to what is found on the face. We see the lighting stops as it rounds the edges of the fin stack, and the fins alternate in groups, giving the fins an unevenly layered design. We can also tell that this tower is small enough not to require an offset in the heat pipes for clearance.
Since we covered the fin stack in the last image like this, we turn your attention to the bottom of the cooler. The four 6mm diameter heat pipes are evenly distributed through the base as well as the fins, and there is no angle to shift the cooler from the RAM either.
Not all of the fins in the stack are identical as this view portrays clearly. Little tabs are found behind the heat pipes to help redirect airflow, the LEPA name and logo is located dead center, and we also see bits of the screws holding the fan mounting tabs to the fan.
After removing the fan, we see how the offset pattern works in this arrangement of fins. Wherever there are LED light strips on the sides, there is a pair of fins which extend further than the others. On the back of the stack, the pattern is the same, but it is reversed as to which side gets the sets of two odd shaped fins.
There are two noteworthy things found in this image. First, if you look into the fins, you can see the LEDs which light the plastic found on the sides. The second is that all of the fins are pressed onto the heat pipes, and at the bottom, one pipe does not get the little tabs behind it.
Where all of the pipes join, we find tabs on the top of the aluminum base plate. There is not a pre-cooler with this design, as it needs a crossbar to mount the cooler to the hardware.
The base plate and the heat pipes are assembled and then machined all at one time. This leaves the base flat across the surface, but we also see defines gaps between the copper and aluminum in this base.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [LEPA NEOllusion CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Resident Evil 2 supports ultrawide monitors
- Top 10 premium games of 2018 in revenue
- Path of Exile 2019 roadmap detailed
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media