Installation and Finished Product
Getting underway with the installation process, we are told to assemble the backplate, standoffs, and clips. Align the standoffs so that they have the flat side matching the holes offered, and to keep them in place, the clips slide over the ends, and hold each standoff into the locked position.
Once it is assembled, you align the standoffs with the holes in the motherboard and allow it to slide through. Orientation does not matter, as both the long ends are cut the same, and the sides are cut short enough not to be an issue either.
After flipping the motherboard over, you slide on the black plastic spacers, lay the Intel top brackets on either side of the socket, and using the provided nuts, lock them into place. There are arrows on the brackets, and they should be facing the CPU.
Both the fan and the air guide need to be removed to access the mounting screws, but with how easy they go on and off, this isn't an issue. Alternating sides with a few turns each, we took the screws down until no threads were left and the springs are compressed.
The Enermax ETS-T50 AXE sits centered on the CPU, but still, affords room to populate the first PCI-e slot. We also had no issues with the ride height of the fan, as it can tuck in behind the memory.
The clearance afforded in the ETS-T50 AXE is ideal for mainstream users, as they will have no need to remove the cooler to access the RAM. Even on LGA2011 motherboards, the air guide does not cause conflict with the view of the RAM either.
Even with the raised coverings over the power delivery systems of this motherboard, fitment is good, again, allowing the fans to say level with the top fin of the cooler. We made the 4-pin connection to the CPU fan header and were also sure to leave the pad switch exposed to change the LED lighting.
While there is nothing fancy about the top, as far as clever covers, LED lighting, or even branding found on this tower, the design of the fins are a work of art and deliver a pleasing aesthetic. At least the Enermax name is present on the air guide.
Once we could, we got to looking at the LED displays. At this moment, we have the blue LEDs enabled. Something we noticed is that when power is applied to the system, the fan flashes the LEDs as it spins backward. Once the DFR process is complete, the fan turns regularly, and the LED mode stays illuminated.
With one press of the pad switch we left exposed, you can change the LEDs from blue to red.
Pressing the button again drives the Vegas fan with green LEDs illuminating it.
This is the last mode to be used, where all three LED colors are active at once. You can also press the switch one more time and turn the LEDs off, but we think one of the four options will fit a theme well enough that it will be on in one of the modes.
PRICING: You can find the Enermax ETS-T50 AXE CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Enermax ETS-T50 AXE CPU Cooler retails for $65 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Enermax ETS-T50 AXE CPU Cooler retails for £58 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Enermax ETS-T50 AXE CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Disney Pixar release short film 'Bao' - A Mother & Son story
- Warframe: Fortuna the Profit-Taker debuts to PC, out now
- Steam Winter Sale starts Dec 20th, Award Nominees released
- Switch beats Xbox One/PS4 sales from: March 2017-Nov 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: 3 million units sold in 11 days
- be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU Cooler Review
- I have a serious problem with audio on my new x470 taichi motherboard
- supplement4reviews com/keto-burn-xtreme-reviews/
- AdMaster: 79% of China advertisers to increase digital marketing spend in 2019
- Safety Laser Scanner Market Worth $406 Million by 2023 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets
- Archer Ascension Now Available in Black Desert Online SEA
- Back to Ubersreik DLC is now available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4
- Ark: Survival Evolved Transformed Into A Winter Wonderland With The Arrival Of Raptor Claus