Reeven Brontes RC-1001b CPU Cooler
This side of the Brontes offers a few things for discussion. First is the 12mm thick fan found on top, which has wire fan clips wrapped around the larger section of the fin array. In this fin array, is 44 fins with a cover plate to the left, and under it all is a pre-cooler attached to the base.
From the back of the cooler we see the fan laying across the top, and we can also see the valley cut into the fins to allow this fan to build some pressure. From this side we can see the spread of the four heat pipes, going from right next to each other at the base, and widening out as they pass through the aluminum fins.
This side of the cooler is a mirror image of what we saw on the other side, just front a slightly different angle. We can see a bit more of the pre-cooler, and we see the fan lead starts on this side, and is sleeved to dress up the appearance a bit.
From the front of the cooler, we again see the valley along the top of the fin array, but this time we are offered a one-millimeter thick cover plate. It is made of brushed aluminum, has the Reeven name cut out of it, and we see the heat pipe tips are covered, two of which have a design cut around the covers in the cover plate.
The bright yellow blades and the black frame of this 100mm fan do a good job of covering the fin stack below it. We can also tell that the fan clips which hold the fan down have pins that lock into the holes, and it is easier to release the fan clips from the holes than it is to try to get it from under the fins.
While there is a curve that the top of the cooler is designed with, all of the fins pressed onto the heat pipes, are identical. The only irregularity we see from this angle is that the fan clips do bend a couple of the fin tips on either side, but this also makes sure you have the fan in the right place when replacing it back onto the fins later.
Under the Brontes, we do see that some of the fins are larger to allow the thick support wire to pass through them and keep the cooler level with the motherboard. We can get a better sense of the design of the pre-cooler on the base, and we can also see the large grooves cut into it to allow the heat pipes to pass through the, between the base and the pre-cooler.
As to the base of the Brontes, it has been nickel plated and is nearly flat enough to deliver a mirror-like reflection in it. The shape of the base is slightly convex with the center being the highest point, and on both sides, we have section and holes which allow the mounting hardware to be installed upon the base.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Reeven Brontes RC-1001b CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Atari VCS power may be more like Switch than Xbox, PS4
- Cyberpunk 2077 on track to release by 2021 with new AAA RPG
- The Witcher 3 is a sales revenue monster
- Titan Quest arrives on consoles
- Switch has highest 12-month install base in US history
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit