Cooler Master MASTERAIR PRO 4 CPU Cooler
Nine translucent black blades are surrounded by a black round frame, and both have rubber coated corners added on to isolate the 120mm fan. This fan also covers a lot of the tower behind it; we can see the braided lead coming from it, as well as a glimpse of the 4-pin connector.
The fan clips wrap around the side of the cooler and can attach into a groove that runs along both edges of the fin stack. This also means that you can add a second fan to help cool the 57 fins and the four copper heat pipes.
From the back, we see that the heat pipes are not all lined up as they are in the smaller model, taking better advantage of the air flow in our opinion. We also see there was a slight bit of damage in transit, as our tower leans slightly to the left, and is not visible with the fan blocking the view.
This last side of the cooler allows us to cover two other things about this design. The sides of the fins are left open, and no effort is made to capture this air flow, however, at the same time, it adds air flow to the surrounding components. To keep the fin spacing correct, it is the bits of aluminum around the pipes which deliver this.
The top of the MASTERAIR PRO 4 is anodized black and has the pipe tips exposed above it. We can see the X-Vent design around all of the heat pipes, and if you look closely, you can make out the Cooler Master logo found in the middle of the top fin.
We removed the fan to get a look at the leading edge design. Every other fin is designed slightly different to help disturb the airflow across them. The fins all have a lowered center section too, which allows the fan to build more pressure than if it were flat.
Not only can we see the stagger of the pipes as they enter the bottom of the fin stack in this image, but we can also see that this cooler has the find pressed over these pipes.
The large aluminum top plate of the base can be used in two ways. Intel push-pins can be mounted to the holes on either side, or you can go another route. The hole in the center and the pin standing next to it, allows an X-bracket to lock onto the base, and this hardware is more typical of what we expect in a CPU cooler.
We are looking at Cooler Master's CDC 2.0 technology offered in this base. The aluminum is holding the four pipes tightly together, yet the main feature is that all the pipes have been milled, without gaps between them. This raises the surface area which makes contact, and should also, in turn, increase the efficiency.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cooler Master MASTERAIR PRO 4 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hitman 2 'Expansion Pass' update adds DX12 support, March 26
- New Lord of the Rings game follows Gollums precious life
- Mortal Kombat 11's story throws players back into the 90's
- EA partner with Velan Studios to publish new team-based IP
- Apple TV+ is a new video streaming service to combat Netflix
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Animoca Brands partners with Formula 1 to develop 'F1 Delta Time' blockchain game
- ENP Games, Mobile Game 'Wall-Breaking Master: Ballvader 2' Featured In Google Play
- Match Ventures is now free
- First Gameplay Video from Glorious Companions revealed - 10 minutes of Developer Commentary
- Kursk with a Great Discount on Steam!