Next to dual-band AC1900 solutions, tri-band is probably the next step for those on the upgrade path. These solutions come in both the AC3200 and AC5400 flavors and what you decide to purchase should mostly be based on what technology your devices are using. For most of us, we are lucky if our devices even have 802.11ac, even now at the end of 2016.
The Archer C5400 lives near the top of the 802.11ac food chain. This three-band solution shares similar hardware to the ASUS RT-AC5300 including the central processor, a Broadcom BCM4709. With this being a Broadcom platform solution, the C5400 takes advantage of NitroQAM to boost the 2.4GHz band to 1000 Mbps while each of the 5GHz bands operating at 2167 Mbps. The wireless radios for this solution are a 4x4 MU-MIMO setup coupled with RFMD power amps for the 5GHz radios and Skyworks for the 2.4GHz.
Most of what I have mentioned is listed in the specifications sheet above, but we do have a few additions including four Ethernet ports placed on the back next to a gigabit WAN. USB is limited to a single 2.0 and single 3.0 port but is complimented by a series of buttons for WPS, reset, LEDs, and wireless.
The MSRP of the TP-Link Archer C5400 comes in at $299.99 with a two-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the TP-Link Archer C5400 802.11ac Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The TP-Link Archer C5400 802.11ac Wireless Router retails for $240 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The TP-Link Archer C5400 802.11ac Wireless Router retails for £350 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details and Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks- Wired, Wireless Throughput and Wireless Range]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – File Performance & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Travis Scott will curate entire NBA 2K19 soundtrack
- DICE to release new Battlefield V gameplay trailer today
- Metro Exodus Aurora Limited Edition announced
- Devil May Cry 5's first playable demo to drop at Gamescom
- NVIDIA's new GeForce RTX 2080 rumored to cost $649
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution