Next to dual-band AC1900 solutions, tri-band is probably the next step for those on the upgrade path. These solutions come in both the AC3200 and AC5400 flavors and what you decide to purchase should mostly be based on what technology your devices are using. For most of us, we are lucky if our devices even have 802.11ac, even now at the end of 2016.
The Archer C5400 lives near the top of the 802.11ac food chain. This three-band solution shares similar hardware to the ASUS RT-AC5300 including the central processor, a Broadcom BCM4709. With this being a Broadcom platform solution, the C5400 takes advantage of NitroQAM to boost the 2.4GHz band to 1000 Mbps while each of the 5GHz bands operating at 2167 Mbps. The wireless radios for this solution are a 4x4 MU-MIMO setup coupled with RFMD power amps for the 5GHz radios and Skyworks for the 2.4GHz.
Most of what I have mentioned is listed in the specifications sheet above, but we do have a few additions including four Ethernet ports placed on the back next to a gigabit WAN. USB is limited to a single 2.0 and single 3.0 port but is complimented by a series of buttons for WPS, reset, LEDs, and wireless.
The MSRP of the TP-Link Archer C5400 comes in at $299.99 with a two-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the TP-Link Archer C5400 802.11ac Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The TP-Link Archer C5400 802.11ac Wireless Router retails for $240 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The TP-Link Archer C5400 802.11ac Wireless Router retails for £350 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details and Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks- Wired, Wireless Throughput and Wireless Range]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – File Performance & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Fortuna' update brings Warframe new concurrent gamer high
- Game of the Year 2018 nominees: 6 games worth playing
- Insomniac release Spider-Man DLC 2 trailer 'Turf Wars'
- Nintendo Black Friday Sales: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & More
- NVIDIA's new GeForce Game Ready 416.94 drivers released
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms