290W Under Full Load, 350W Overclocked
I wasn't expecting any huge shifts in power consumption numbers on EVGA's GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 card, and I wasn't surprised with the results, either. The GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 card in our test bed had a total system power draw of around 290W, and while overclocked these numbers jumped to 350W.
40W more isn't too bad, as it's just over 10% - but the overclocked numbers are something you'll want to keep an eye on - especially if SLI was something you wanted to do. Two of these cards in SLI would have a total system draw of 700W+, so you're going to want a quality 850W or higher PSU with two in SLI.
Temperature & Noise
If there's something I love with these custom GeForce GTX 1080s, it's that they all perform so damn well, but the AIB partners have made the experience silent during load. EVGA has used its new ACX 3.0 cooler as its best asset on the GTX 1080 FTW GAMING 3.0 card, with it not only keeping the entire card nice and cool under heavy load but silent at the same time.
Sure, you can ramp up the fans in the fan profile and push a higher manual RPM speed, but there's no need - as the standard OC profiles on the card have finely tuned communication with the ACX 3.0 cooler to keep it cool enough without needing manual intervention. Cooling a video card is something EVGA excels at, and that's very welcomed with the GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Crytek on next-gen consoles: SSD is 'the real game changer'
- GTA Online secret mission only unlocked when you're SUPER DRUNK
- Elon Musk wants to 'nuke Mars', DOOM dev will lend him the BFG 10000
- Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion reborn in Skyrim's engine, looks enchanting
- Dragon Age 4 is the 'definitive Dragon Age experience,' producer says
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director